Questions for Buddhists.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Questions for Buddhists.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

mtmynd1 wrote:Why are you asking Buddhists anything, Trixie? Why not do some serious studying on Buddhism if you want answers. Reading the "Dummies Guide to Buddhism" won't answer your questions.

It's obvious to anyone who has read anything you've posted that you've become a virtual prisoner of your own ego. This alone would confuse you to any answer a Buddhist (or Zennist) would bother to give you.
The high and mighty mtmynd1 returns. Perhaps it is you who are prisoner. Why must I devote my time and energy to a serious study, when the answer I seek is quite linear. It is a very, VERY simple question.

If a buddhist cannot answer so simple a question, then he is not enlightened at all. If my rudeness dissuades him, then he weak and feeble, for does a man fear combinations of letters on a screen? If he cannot take the time to answer a simple question, then is he not selfish and lazy? I've put forth my efforts to research Buddhism, now it's time to see yours. I have nothing to learn from men who are all talk and no game. Even the gods answer simple questions. If his answer confuses me, so be it. But I believe, he has no answer to give, to withhold it - furthers his charade. Truthful men have nothing to hide.

I've done the research, and it sickens that I even have to tell you, when I've already repeated myself. It is moronic for you to take the high ground, but offer me nothing. If you have the answers, let them known, provide a link for me to study, or answer it yourself. Otherwise, go away, because you are extremely bothersome. You'd like to think you are high and mighty, but you are not. You don't have any answers or knowledge, you just want to give the appearance that you do. I'd say a twobit charlatan, nothing more. Denying answers to simple questions helps noone, proves nothing, it's completely phony and egotistical.

And, if you actually don't know the answer, which I suspect, stop wasting space by implying that there is an answer, when you yourself do not even know if there is. A blind man has no need to be led astray by another blind man.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: So my question to you, is did Buddha achieve non-existence, or did he not?
And if he didn't, then what are you guys doing with your lives? Honestly.
Are you guys in some sort of supreme existence where even happiness and flatness are not forms of suffering?
Some kind of superhuman brain, superior to the angels, gods, and even aliens?

No, the Buddha did not, that is not enlightenment, Buddha achieved non-duality with the universal mind which is not non-existence. Buddhists are striving to achieve the same end. Please try to give this just a little meditation which is probably just about all you can manage. Buddhists do not see themselves as superior to anyone, just further along the path to enlightenment, and on this path there is no better or worse, just accomplishment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: So my question to you, is did Buddha achieve non-existence, or did he not?
Are you guys in some sort of supreme existence where even happiness and flatness are not forms of suffering?

No, the Buddha did not, that is not enlightenment, Buddha achieved non-duality with the universal mind which is not non-existence. Buddhists are striving to achieve the same end. Please try to give this just a little meditation which is probably just about all you can manage. Buddhists do not see themselves as superior to anyone, just further along the path to enlightenment, and on this path there is no better or worse, just accomplishment.
Define universal mind. And does he remain in this state eternally, or did he lose this state upon physical death?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Define universal mind. And does he remain in this state eternally, or did he lose this state upon physical death?
Universal mind, one mind, no mind, that awareness that is beyond human understanding, the consciousness that permeates all existence but is not evident to most conscious beings, least of all those who are abusive to others.

The rest of your question has little meaning, but only if you understand that eternity has nothing to do with time, only with non-dualistic union, you cannot lose what you have never had.
GreatandWiseTrixie

thedoc wrote: Universal mind, one mind, no mind, that awareness that is beyond human understanding, the consciousness that permeates all existence but is not evident to most conscious beings, least of all those who are abusive to others.

The rest of your question has little meaning, but only if you understand that eternity has nothing to do with time, only with non-dualistic union, you cannot lose what you have never had.
Says the guy who makes jokes about abusing cats.

Do you have this "universal mind"? Have you experienced it before?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote: Universal mind, one mind, no mind, that awareness that is beyond human understanding, the consciousness that permeates all existence but is not evident to most conscious beings, least of all those who are abusive to others.

What else would you do with a cat, except what they have already done to themselves?

Apparently, yes I do, or so I have been told, and I have been told that I have had the experience. It's good that you are not in a position to say otherwise.
GreatandWiseTrixie

thedoc wrote:

What else would you do with a cat, except what they have already done to themselves?

Apparently, yes I do, or so I have been told, and I have been told that I have had the experience. It's good that you are not in a position to say otherwise.
I would like to know more, but I wonder, do you know more.
Breath

Post by Breath »

You ask the question as though it is meaningful :roll:

When a candle flame goes out, has it achieved non-existence?

Breath
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

It's time I think Trixie you knew what you were talking about.

Buddhism is a simple and elegant way of finding inner peace through the extension of the self often by meditation and contemplation but there is only one way to find it and that is your own; if you can manage it and hence in doing so transcending Karma. If you think it is anything else perhaps you should know it. You have been given links to understand that faith, I no more believe that faith is anything but what a man thought, but then Buddha said he was not a god, any form of Buddhism that ascribes more value to his words than that he was a man trying to find peace have perhaps missed the point.

A question to the Buddhists of the past :

"What would you do if you met an enlightened man, who could tell you how to find inner peace by their ways?"

"I would kill him for he is an imposter."

It's not a bad philosophy to ascribe understanding only in the way one man not another finds it.

Read the link I gave you, it will tell you a lot about Buddhism. The Buddha or Siddhartha Guatama in that book only discourages himself, he can only dislike himself from the perspective of being himself later on his path and vise-a-versa.

Now I think all religion is baloney, but I do however think that some religions hit upon a vein of gold amongst all the bullshit dogma.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

A Buddhist master can only help you to find your own path, you cannot follow another's path, it is theirs and you must find your own. Likewise Jesus said "No-one comes to the father except through me." but Jesus never said that all come to him via the same path.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Well if peace is what it's all about, I know the best most reliable way to obtain ultimate peace.

Destroy the universe, higher dimensions, lower dimensions, and all time lines.

At this stage of development you cannot, all that I require is for your race to hold this concept dear, so when the time comes, you'll know what to do. So do your meditations in the meantime, increasing your understanding so one day you can.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

mtmynd1 wrote:Why are you asking Buddhists anything, Trixie? Why not do some serious studying on Buddhism if you want answers. Reading the "Dummies Guide to Buddhism" won't answer your questions.

It's obvious to anyone who has read anything you've posted that you've become a virtual prisoner of your own ego. This alone would confuse you to any answer a Buddhist (or Zennist) would bother to give you.
My quote still holds despite your annoying voice screeching nonsense, tricks.

Despite all your expected double talk, "Trixie Lips" you speak a big talk but continue hiding behind your ego which is so highly inflated that even you are unable to see around it.

I see your egotistical cheap name all over every board on here seeking some kind of acceptance, a clear sign that your insecurity is your biggest enemy that you fight as hard as you can to make yourself into something you just ain't, baby.

Calm down. Meditate. Ask yourself what the fuck do you really want out of these boards. Your uppity jive attempting to shine bright is fading more quickly than you realize, so blinded by your bullshit that you are unable to see it.

Do you really want to leave these boards as a big goddamn bore that the folks here are tired of listening to? Really?

Go right ahead, trixie-lips. there's a large group awaiting your gasping flame to burn itself out... and quite frankly, kiddo, nobody cares to waste their time worrying about your flaming nonsense.

Continue on, please.... and I anxiously await your futile reply to what you mistakenly read as "mighty mind", which verifies your inability to read the words that are there but prefer to read what you want to see.
GreatandWiseTrixie

mtmynd1 wrote:i, "mtmynd1", am a selfrighteous fuckface
^Boring. As usual, mtmynd1 adds nothing to the conversation, just necroposting to dead threads a string of dumb insults that only serve to irritate you. He also has no humor value.

You also tell me to ask my self questions I have already answered and made obvious to you. I told you already what I want from these boards. Of course your simple and defensive mind would oppose what I have to offer, even though it's plain as day, plain as the eye can see. Just a human interfering with good, scientific and spiritual progress.

If I had a button that could grant everyone non-existence, I bet you would try to deny everyone what's rightfully there's, deny everyone their wonderful,infinite glory, simply because YOU want to be a simple human stuck in the old ways.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Do you enjoy putting your own words into others...? And the cute little words of degradation degrade nobody but your own Self. I'm surprised someone as self-proclaimed "great and wise" need to resort to name calling. Your age is showing, trixie-lips.
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Boring. As usual, mtmynd1 adds nothing to the conversation, just necroposting to dead threads a string of dumb insults that only serve to irritate you. He also has no humor value.
Again you repeat yourself with the stupid "dumb insults" comment. The comments within this reply only go to show how pitiful and needy you are. But you know that as well as I do, don't you?
You also tell me to ask my self questions I have already answered and made obvious to you. I told you already what I want from these boards. Of course your simple and defensive mind would oppose what I have to offer, even though it's plain as day, plain as the eye can see. Just a human interfering with good, scientific and spiritual progress.
O, please give me a break, Tootsie! "... a human interfering with good, scientific and spiritual progress' is once again your desperate ego seeking in all the wrong places for any sort of verification to be something other than what you are. You're not the first, kiddo, that has come to these boards with the Ego Flags waving in the hot air you emit hoping to draw people into your nonsense as if you have something new and breathtaking you believe you have "discovered". Add to that your sorrowful lack of any humility aimed to prove your worth is nothing new on these boards. Many have come here and many have left frustrated over the fact that even Philosophy 101 reveals the weaknesses in your self-important ideas. Perhaps you're unaware or even refuse to acknowledge the age old adage, "nothing new under the sun"..?

Trixie-lips, it's time you stop and quit making an ass out of yourself and read what others have to say, whether you agree or not and reach the much needed answer that nobody has ever attained the Truth by associating with philosophies that over the centuries have become nothing more that duals between like-egos to attain a half-knowledge. But maybe that is all you are capable of..?
If I had a button that could grant everyone non-existence, I bet you would try to deny everyone what's rightfully there's, deny everyone their wonderful,infinite glory, simply because YOU want to be a simple human stuck in the old ways.
Gotta laugh about your first sentence here, Trix... sounds exactly like a teen dreamer actually thinking about "granting everyone non-existence"! Wow... and then you continue without a pause by saying "I bet you would deny everyone what's rightfully there's [sic] !!" I'd ask for a clarification on that but really, I have no need, little one... you're young and full of dreams and wish-fullness, believing some day your own Prince will come on that white horse and whisk you away into some never-never land.

My own "stuck in the old ways" knows better than to negate youthful dreams and wishes... that is how you develop and grow into maturity, one dream at a time, one mistake at a time. Good luck, Trixie-Bell, and ease up on that "Great and Wise" mask you're trying to seduce others with on this board. The truly great and wise all too easily see right thru that charade. Until you can wear a size 36d "humility" you ain't what it takes to even pretend "great and wise"...
GreatandWiseTrixie

Right, because you have a monocle that makes you smart. And you say I'm "immature" because I insulted you. And you call me "trixie-lips' tootsie and other sexist names. What a misyognist dinosaur.

You say you've read my posts but I don't think you have. And this tale about a prince charming, no no no you're just dumb. I'm not waiting for a prince charming, I will be dead by the time my vision is complete. Don't worry I will be here in another reincarnation to annoy small minded peons like you.

You see, if it wasn't for simple minded peons like you, humans would have dropped their naysaying attitudes already. If everyone united as one and put non-existence as their supreme goal, we'd have it within a few centuries from now. But instead you have to raze me with the pathetic insults and the stupid monocle, because you have nothing better to do than hate on superior women and slowdown divine progress I guess.