Intermind beta thread (data gathering help needed)

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Intermind beta thread (data gathering help needed)

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

I discovered this document called the Intermind. I can't remember what thread it was from, but I think someone posted it on this forums.

So far it has been a clear concise read. I like how this person's mind works, they are master of logic and language. Everything is concise, well mapped, and clear to understand. They post some esoteric URLS, but these esoteric urls are optional and not needed to understand the document. All and all I think this is THE standard go-to document for a framework of understanding Consciousness, for every philosopher.

So I don't really want to discuss it, this thread is in Beta and I'm going to make a new thread later.

I haven't fully finished the document, but I want to make this thread with a few important requests before I forget them, because they are important.

Request 1: Obtain data on Fully blind persons. Data on late-blinds are useless to me, I need only data of those born genetically, fully 100% blind. Late-blind data (data on those who turned blind after birth) is useless to me and corrupts my scientific research.

Specifically, I need to know whether Fully blinds can experience Visual imagination.
Second, it has been confirmed to me that Fully blinds have Visual Cortex activity during Braille readings, however the nature of these findings are unclear.
The 2. Data I must find is whether this Visual Cortex activity incurs blindman's Conscious Visual Imagination and 3. A comparison between Full Blind's visual Cortex activity compared to a healthy person's Visual Cortex activity during healthy person's Conscious Visual Activity (whilst eye's closed).

If you could bring me this data that would be a great help on the road to solving the mystery of consciousness.

My final statements are, the Intermind theory does not violate Scientific atheist dogma, we do not establish if CM actually has an Input on PM, or if it is simply a one way PM input onto CM. Free will has not yet be ascertained. Free will implies that CM has an input on PM, actually that is the concise, no-nonsense definition of Free Will.

PM=physical Mind
CM=Conscious Mind
Last edited by GreatandWiseTrixie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Intermind beta thread (data gathering help needed)

This is the document of the Intermind: http://theintermind.com/#_Toc337459231
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 pm I discovered this document called the Intermind. I can't remember what thread it was from, but I think someone posted it on this forums.
Thank You for the excellent comments. I had hoped that the Inter Mind paper would someday motivate people to attempt some new kinds of studies and experiments. Good Luck with your data request.
GreatandWiseTrixie

SteveKlinko wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:45 am
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 pm I discovered this document called the Intermind. I can't remember what thread it was from, but I think someone posted it on this forums.
Thank You for the excellent comments. I had hoped that the Inter Mind paper would someday motivate people to attempt some new kinds of studies and experiments. Good Luck with your data request.
Thankyou. I will probably be waiting months if not years for the data. Lots of proto-geniuses wannabe genius beta genius on the internet but very little real genius on the internet.