The mind itself cannot know anything.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Existence and non existence are time bound conceptual appearances and disappearances
Existence is not a concept and by its very nature cannot disappear. It is reality which is ALL THERE IS
It cannot be conceived out of existence. For how can existence not exist for this is simply impossible
The mind which is part of existence is therefore denying that it exists too and everything else as well

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Thought pre dates language as language is an invention while thought is a product of the mind so things can be perceived before they are named
The human mind is not required to validate the existence of anything that exists independent of it such as things that exist but are not known to
exist.

Things can be perceived before they are named only through there being a prior knowing of the thing already known(via memory aka past tense)
Otherwise, how would a thought be recognised or known? ...Cognition is immediate to Nondual Awareness as the the perceiver, the perception and the perceived in the same instant (NOW) when the unconscious awareness becomes conscious mind. The unconscious awareness is the knower, not the mind, the mind is the re-cogniser of what's already known.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Existence and non existence are time bound conceptual appearances and disappearances
Existence is not a concept and by its very nature cannot disappear. It is reality which is ALL THERE IS
It cannot be conceived out of existence. For how can existence not exist for this is simply impossible
The mind which is part of existence is therefore denying that it exists too and everything else as well
I meant existence of things.

Existence implies some thing existing. In which case are thoughts appearing and disappearing. Existing and not existing.

That in which existence of things appears and disappears is boundless eternal infinite space which does not appear or disappear which is not-a-thing. Space never not existed. It doesn't exist and yet it does only in relation to the conception of it, via language.

.

The mind cannot deny it's own existence because it never existed except in it's conception already known by awareness which is not a concept.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 pm
The human mind is not required to validate the existence of anything that exists independent of it such as things that exist but are not known to
exist.
Everything is already known and is existing right now all at once. Else nothing would become known if it wasn't already known. The mind is known, it is the re-cogniser of all that is known by unborn formless awareness that always is.

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 pm
for consciousness to have always existed as the scenery can exist without it.
The scene can exist without there being any conscious thought about it, sure, just like your body still exists in deep sleep when there is no conscious awareness of it being there...but in order for any thing to be known, there has to be something that is always present in which the knowing can arise, that presence is boundless unborn formless awareness which is present in both sleep and waking life.

surreptitious57 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 pm
It exists now but will eventually pass away and there may be no
more ever again. Or there might be. But it is not actually necessary
The no more ever again is the dream, dreams don't ever repeat exactly, but for any dream to appear and disappear there has to be an always present dreamer that does not appear or disappear....Basically, you are both the dreamer and the dream simultaneously. You are the dreaming awareness of the dream and the dreamt character in the dream, the dreamt character comes and goes in the dreamer, but the dreamer is unborn and therefore cannot die.

.

In other words, there is here only awareness dreaming it is a human.

.

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by surreptitious57 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm

So the human mind is part of the dream of consciousness although it may not know that. Now the problem with this concept is
that there is no reason for it to actually be true. And without a human mind there would not be any evidence that it existed as
a concept if nothing else. Anything that is mind dependent cannot be verified and I only accept what I actually know to be true

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:18 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm
So the human mind is part of the dream of consciousness although it may not know that. Now the problem with this concept is
that there is no reason for it to actually be true.
It's true and untrue, true in the sense it appears to be true as a dream appearance, and untrue in the sense that is it just a dream appearance.

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm
And without a human mind there would not be any evidence that it existed as
a concept if nothing else. Anything that is mind dependent cannot be verified and I only accept what I actually know to be true
To know you exist is a mentally constructed I, it's an artificially created object appearing in no thing as some thing.

.

To know some thing is to be aware of some thing. Aware of some thing is subject and object duality, it is subject objectifying itself as the dream of separation where there is none.

.

The energy matter that has made up the human body has been around forever, no thing has ever been born, every thing is an appearance of itself which is energy, including the 'thoughts' I have been born, I have a body. NO THING knows this.

All knowledge is an illusion.

.

daramantus
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 am

Dubious wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 am
In not-knowing anything.Everything is known.
...which must be the reason Socrates knew Everything since he always claimed he knew nothing. However for many it's too late not to know anything since they already know they know something not to speak of what they it is they already know. These types can never be thinkers, or philosophers since by knowing something they know nothing...BUT by not knowing anything they know Everything!

It's Tylenol time!
and who told you that nothing is everything? nothing is the opposite of everything, and everything is not really everything, because everything you know is not really everything, because others know differently other things that they say "everything", so it's relative. and quantitative AND pluralism, and etc..

daramantus
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am
Dubious wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 am

How could Socrates have referred to the unknown knower if he knew the object asking the questions to examine what others knew?

Also, if I let it all go to see what stays then that what stays causes me to know something which defeats the Not knowing in order to Know!

Are you saying there is a neutral entity in each of us which conceptualizes not knowing in order to know?
Not-knowing is knowing. Non-duality is duality. Non-violence is violence, in not knowing nothing, everything is known. It is the not-knowing nothing that knows everything because there is only everything and nothing.

All colour is an appearance of the same white light. The white light is nothing, the colour is everything. Similarly, the blank screen behind the words appearing on the computer is the medium for knowing as soon as the words appear on it, and as the words or images appear,they are instantly recognised and known. The screen has to be first, it has to be for anything to become known. The screen is the knower, not the concepts, although the concepts are part of the knowing as they make the screen known to itself by their appearance. These two dynamics are working as one inseparable phenomena.

It appears there is an ''entity'' here, yet it has no Id.entity. The identity arises in it...so for identity to arise, become known, there has to be something existing that knows, just as there has to be pure white light in order for colour to be known. The knower in this instant is the white light of pure knowing luminous aware consciousness. What is consciousness but the identity that is the imagination of itself as coloured. In other words, the empty fullness.

.

You are the non-personal stillness looking out at the personality playing.

.
prove your emptiness fulness theory

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Nothing needs to prove itself, there’s just what is, there’s just what’s happening to no one and no thing. This is no thing happening.

Even the idea there is a person who knows stuff, who refutes and debunks stuff is nothing refuting and debunking...these experiences appear to happen, but nothing is behind any of it. It’s just what is, which is nothing appearing as everything.

The belief by a person knowing something is either right or wrong is an illusion, debunking what is believed to be wrong in favour for what is believed to be right is all fictional story made by the illusion of there being a knower. The knower is an illusion because the source of all knowledge is unknowable, a not knowing mystery that is life living itself.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm

The idea that there is a someone that can disprove or debunk a theory is nothing appearing as if there is a someone able to prove or disprove or debunk something. The whole thing is imagined by no one or thing.


Nothing is conscious. Consciousness is the sense that I exist, but no thing exists because existence is not a thing. A thing is a label put there by no thing, so although a labelled thing appears to be something, it’s nothing but imagination which is unknowable.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm

The idea that there are separate entities with their own consciousness is unprovable ...yet adamantly believed, for what can the mind do with nothing?

The mind therefore makes up a world of make belief just to make the nonsense of nothing into something. It’s all a trick the brain plays with itself. The brain artificially creates a world of duality, it’s not a person making their brain work. It works all by itself, creating a completely artificial fictional reality believed to be real, such is the power of this energetic aliveness. Nothing is being this power, and that in itself is the only power there is.

In other words nothing has any power over you because there is nothing in power and no you except the powerful idea there is which has no knowable source.

To know source one would have to step outside of oneself which is impossible.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:29 pm

daramantus wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 am
Dubious wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 am
In not-knowing anything.Everything is known.
...which must be the reason Socrates knew Everything since he always claimed he knew nothing. However for many it's too late not to know anything since they already know they know something not to speak of what they it is they already know. These types can never be thinkers, or philosophers since by knowing something they know nothing...BUT by not knowing anything they know Everything!

It's Tylenol time!
and who told you that nothing is everything? nothing is the opposite of everything, and everything is not really everything, because everything you know is not really everything, because others know differently other things that they say "everything", so it's relative. and quantitative AND pluralism, and etc..
There is nothing in reality that is in relationship with anything except in the dream of separation which is an artificially constructed idea of the mind which is also an artificially constructed concept, an appearance of nothing.


Life is, what life is is a mystery even to itself, but the mind does not like not knowing ..so it artificially invents a knower...the what is...is what is unavoidably so, but no one is making what is what it is....there is nothing being what is except what nothing aka the mind imposes upon it artificially via conceptual language that is uniquely human apparently, and is just how this energy has happened to appear....this energy has just happened to appear as a human entity that believes it is the doer and knower, which is all pure fiction appearing real. That’s just how energy plays, it can appear as just about anything it desires to make up.

Prior to any language, aka artificially created knowledge...there’s just silent unknowable is ness...aka nothing appearing as everything including the sense of separation apparently.


.

daramantus
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
Nothing needs to prove itself, there’s just what is, there’s just what’s happening to no one and no thing. This is no thing happening.
Stop answering me with neo advaita jargons. I'm immune to it. Stop watching Tony Parsons, Lisa Cairns, Rupert Spira, and so on, and get back to reality.
Nothing = Space (it can't do anything)
Someone = (You) want to prove yourself right, a BIG TIME, in this forum, by repeating the same bs over and over. Just like you do in the skepticforum, "happening", where you got owned by Matthew, "wow what is happening is that you're trolling in both forums.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
Even the idea there is a person who knows stuff, who refutes and debunks stuff is ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ refuting and debunking
How many times do I need to repeat to you that NOTHING = SPACE ??? If someone is refuting you, then there is ABSOLUTELY someone there refuting you.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
...these experiences appear to happen
experiences do not "appear", and they do not happen without someone behind making it happen.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
but nothing is behind any of it.
IMagine FBI using your argument, LOOK A PEDO ONLINE< nah, someone which is 'nothing' is behind it. someone which is a 'no one' there to look child porn, huh? It’s just what is, which is appearing in our FBI computer, and everything in our computer is "what is", hurr durr
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
The belief by a person knowing something is either right or wrong is an illusion
Aren't you the moron who said that what Hitler did was an act of love? You're a fucking delusional p****.
so is it right for someone to cut your legs off? aren't you a "nobody" who doesn't care?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
by the illusion of there being a knower.
says who?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 pm
The knower is an illusion because the source of all knowledge is unknowable
if it's unknowable, then how do you know that it's unknowable? and if there is an unknowable? aren't you tired of being debunked in the skepticforum and still use the same bs arguments?

daramantus
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
̶N̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ is conscious.
conscious definition: aware of and responding to one's surroundings; awake.
conscious definition: having knowledge of something; aware.
conscious definition: painfully aware of; sensitive to.

If you are not an A.I or cleverbot , then you are clearly conscious. Go on, prove me wrong

A space cannot have consciousness, space is empty. Someone have consciousness, in your body you have yours own, due to your brain and your self.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
Consciousness is the sense that I exist
And much more than that. IN your brain.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
but no thing exists because existence is not a thing
Exactly, existence is not a thing. However, the premise doesn't follow.
You started with a wrong premise, it's a fallacy.
"no thing exists" because existence is not a thing" (FALSE)
"existence is not a thing" because things do exist, they are not "existence" (CORRECT)
Existence means "the fact or state of living or having objective reality"

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
. . A thing is a label put there by no thing
so, you label yourself a 'no thing', when that doesn't even make sense to label yourself as a 'no thing', since it doesn't apply to subject individuals.
And btw, says who?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
so although a labelled thing appears to be something
It doesn't "appear", and if it's not something how do you know that?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 pm
it’s nothing but imagination which is unknowable.
If it's unknowable, then how do you know that if it's unknowable?
Last edited by daramantus on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daramantus
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Post by daramantus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
The idea that there are separate entities with their own consciousness is unprovable
It's utterly provable, what is unprovable are your assumptions.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
...yet adamantly believed, for what can the mind do with nothing?
Do you imagine that there is something called "the mind", Dontaskme?? I hate to burst your zen bubble, but there isn't any. What you're doing now is using your mind, there isn't any "the mind" trying to fool anybody.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
The mind therefore makes up a world of make belief just to make the nonsense of nothing into something.
Do you imagine that there is something called "the mind", Dontaskme?? I hate to burst your zen bubble, but there isn't any. What you're doing now is using your mind, there isn't any "the mind" trying to fool anybody.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
It’s all a trick the brain plays with itself.
I see "brain braining" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The brain do no such thing, it isn't "playing" with itself, cut out the childish walt disney argument when talking to me, please.
To believe that your brain plays with itself, is just like believing in magic. it doesn't even make sense.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶
The brain do no such thing, no matter how many diseases you have in your brain, how many problems or how much you repeat that to yourself, duality, plurality or whatever bullshit, will continue, I will continue to say you're full of shit, so ignore me, nothing will happen for this belief.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
, it’s not a person making their brain work.
You are a person. the brain works like a deterministic machine,so indeed you are the person who is in control of your brain, the brain isn't magical
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
It works all by itself, creating a completely artificial fictional
What works by itself? and what is creating a completely artificial fictional what??? You make no sense.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
reality believed to be real
Reality is not believed, it is real, with you or without you in the planet, with your self, your brain or not, :D
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
such is the power of this energetic aliveness.
Huh? Care to prove this "energy" and what do you mean by "aliveness"?? Prove either.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
Nothing is being this power
There is no such power, so yes, nothing and no one is behind something that doesn't even exist.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
there is nothing in power and you except the powerful idea there is which has no knowable source.
Trump is in power, you are just a nobody so yes, you have nothing to do with power.
So, no me to accept, but what if me accept that you're talking gibberish? then the 'me' accepted something, was it me or 'no-me? Geez Placid, improve your arguments.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm
To know source one would have to step outside of oneself
Huh? Do you imagine that you are in some sort of "matrix" dontaskme??? Step outside of "oneself", what the fuck that even means? Jesus, you make no sense. Btw, depersonalization is a proof that someone can kind of step outside 'oneself'
Last edited by daramantus on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests