There ain't nobody in a body

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

There ain't nobody in a body

Post by Dontaskme »

Inesta

Re: There ain't nobody in a body

Post by Inesta »

I don't understand?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Inesta wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am I don't understand?
There is nothing to understand. There is no one in a body. There is only light manifesting as and through every body.

Source Energy of Light is Eternal. That which is eternal can have no beginning or ending. The concept life and death are meaningless in this context.

No one is alive. No one is dead.

The labels are just ideas, energetic thought processes of a brain braining...no thing is doing this, it's all naturally organic. There is no living tissue in a concept, name, label or what ever else you want to call yourself.

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The lights are on, but nobody's home.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Life and death are states of existence that make a distinction between consciousness and non consciousness
So death is simply a transition from one to the other and in the grand scheme of things means nothing at all
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Those are not bodies.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 am There is nothing to understand.
There never is with you.

No one is alive. No one is dead.
This must make it awfully confusing at funerals.
The labels are just ideas,
I prefer to think of it as ideas being labels, I think there's a difference.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

No one ever gave the wild beasts or the little cute bunny rabbits a funeral. 🐇🦍🐅⚰️
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote: No one ever gave the wild beasts or the little cute bunny rabbits a funeral. 🐇🦍🐅⚰️
The former were probably eaten but the latter have had loads of funerals.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 am
Dontaskme wrote: No one ever gave the wild beasts or the little cute bunny rabbits a funeral. 🐇🦍🐅⚰️
I once attended a guinea pig's burial.

DAM, it seems that every day you start a new thread to say the same thing - nothing is here, nothing exists, nothing is real, etc. Why repeat yourself so much when it's clear that mere repetition in lieu of strong explanations are a turn-off?

What is the point of continually asserting that nothing is real? It seems to me that you are comforting yourself because regular life sucks - just that your grapes are not sour but illusory, with the implication being that they are worthless. No offence, that's just how it looks to me.

Many of us, however, consider this life is FAR from illusory or worthless. The distance between noumena and perception may be enormous, but the intrinsic reality of things we observe simply cannot be questioned, only considered with caution due to the amount of things we can't perceive. Even if, as the boffins say, the total sum of the universe's energy is zero (with positive and negative energy balancing each other out), this notion does not apply locally because (thankfully) it's not completely homogeneous.

If you want to excite your mind with skeletons, may I suggest comparing the skeletal frameworks of different species. The subtle and marked variances are fascinating and speak volumes about the species' lifestyles. It definitely gives and impression that we chordates are very much cut from the same cloth, so to speak - variants of one thing. Each has a skull, spine and, aside from snakes, four major limbs with incredible variations yet each major structure is recognisable in others.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

DAM is saying that everyone is human except pirates, they aren't quite human.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm No one ever gave the wild beasts or the little cute bunny rabbits a funeral. 🐇🦍🐅⚰️
We used to raise rabbits for meat, does it count if you clean them and sell the carcass for meat?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 am

DAM, it seems that every day you start a new thread to say the same thing - nothing is here, nothing exists, nothing is real, etc. Why repeat yourself so much when it's clear that mere repetition in lieu of strong explanations are a turn-off?

What is the point of continually asserting that nothing is real? It seems to me that you are comforting yourself because regular life sucks - just that your grapes are not sour but illusory, with the implication being that they are worthless. No offence, that's just how it looks to me.
I'm sorry to hear my choice of discussion is worthless to you. And I'm also sorry to hear that you find my posts offensive in that you are compelled to evaluate my personal beliefs as if it was because I seek to comfort my rotten life. Sorry to hear you have to comfort yourself by offloading these illusory fears in you onto me. I hope you start to feel better soon, and realise the truth, that it's all a dream, sometimes the dream is very beautiful, and sometimes it's frightfully awful. And sometimes we just have to face up to the unavoidable fact that we sometimes don't get what we want. You don't have to tell me I'm mad or that I've got a few sandwiches short of a picnic, I already know that. What you could do to avoid any further distress to yourself is stop reading my posts period. None of it's real.And I love to write about it, and share that exceedingly exciting good news with other people, but no one is under any obligation to read my threads. Last time I looked, I didn't see any barriers around the universe that were holding us within trapped like wild animals in a cage, rather I saw that we are all free to be as expressive and creative as we desire, we are free to think what we want,no one is charge,it's not like I've ever murdered someone, I know my limits. Imagination is such a wonderful gift, I like to use mine to the full. One day I hope to become as popular as J K Rowling, now she had an amazing imagination.
Greta wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 amMany of us, however, consider this life is FAR from illusory or worthless.
I see life happening as a spontaneous event every second. Is any event ever done on purpose? No it isn't, it's just what happens, it does not happen and then say to you...there, I did that on purpose just to piss you off, hahaha...no, it's not that calculating, it doesn't do any thing on purpose, because there is no one running the universe.... but sometimes, as humans, we become stuck in old thinking patterns, clinging to false identities because we are so hopelessly attached to them, so then we end up not always liking or wanting what we get in life, or what we see in others, we make judgements and compare with them, we hold steadfast to our preferences.....and feel uncomfortable when others don't act like we do...but the problem with that, is there is no time machine to undo just what spontaneously happens..so it's is kind of frustrating when we have to deal with feelings we don't always like or want...I've discovered that the best way to deal with feelings and frustrating thoughts about how other people behave is just to suck it all up, that's what I do now, now I know none of it is real.
Greta wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 amThe distance between noumena and perception may be enormous, but the intrinsic reality of things we observe simply cannot be questioned, only considered with caution due to the amount of things we can't perceive. Even if, as the boffins say, the total sum of the universe's energy is zero (with positive and negative energy balancing each other out), this notion does not apply locally because (thankfully) it's not completely homogeneous.

If you want to excite your mind with skeletons, may I suggest comparing the skeletal frameworks of different species. The subtle and marked variances are fascinating and speak volumes about the species' lifestyles. It definitely gives and impression that we chordates are very much cut from the same cloth, so to speak - variants of one thing. Each has a skull, spine and, aside from snakes, four major limbs with incredible variations yet each major structure is recognisable in others.
You have a wonderful talent for writing exciting stories, have you thought about writing a book or two? if you have already done so, allow me to congratulate you, hope you have sold many copies.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:19 pm Those are not bodies.
Well true enough, there is no body here.

I understand that in the story of separate entities living inside a body, it is customary to bury the dead. It's just the way intelligent energy cleans up after itself, it's self cleaning.

But lets not forget who we are here, but if there is a forgetting, let the dead bury the dead.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 am
Well I'm very happy to hear that, I haven't seen one myself yet, but great if it does happen. I'm all in for that process.