Pure Consciousness/Proto-Consciousness and Entropy may be the two sides of the same coin

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Your Construct

Re: Pure Consciousness/Proto-Consciousness and Entropy may be the two sides of the same coin

Post by Your Construct »

Thank you.

One last question if you don't mind.

In your last statement, you appear to state there is a difference between consciousness and awareness. I have thought of them as being the same thing. What is the difference between consciousness and awareness?
Last edited by Your Construct on Sun May 28, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Re: Pure Consciousness/Proto-Consciousness and Entropy may be the two sides of the same coin

Post by Dontaskme »

Your Construct wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:49 pm Thank you.

One last question if you don't mind.

In your last statement, you appear to state there is a difference between consciousness and awareness. I have thought of them as being the same thing. What is the difference between consciousness and awareness?
These two words 'awareness' & 'consciousness' appear to mean basically the same thing, but they're not the same even though they are inseparably intertwined they do in fact point to two very different meanings.

I'm providing you with a very good link YC that will answer your question ..it's probably the best answer on the internet, so I hope you find it useful. It's not a very long read. So enjoy.

Let me know what you think? ... ask more questions if you have any doubts about what you are reading. :D

http://www.prahlad.org/disciples/preman ... RENESS.htm
Your Construct

Post by Your Construct »

Thank you again. It was very enlightening and clarified quite a few things for me.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 am
SteveKlinko wrote: The Inter Mind model proposes that there is a Physical Mind (Brain) existing in Physical Space and a Conscious Mind existing in Conscious Space.

We know that Neurons fire in the Physical Mind and we have corresponding Conscious Experiences in the Conscious Mind. No one knows how the Neural firings lead to Conscious Experience.
Do you mean like the brains trillions of tiny point particles when making contact with each other as they fly around in vibratory fashion,cause a friction called a neural firing of electrical impulses causing sparks of electrical light/or consciousness to emerge.

The inter Mind Model proposes that there is an Inter Mind that connects the Physical Mind to the Conscious Mind. Maybe The Inter Mind operates using principles of Entropy to bridge the Gap.
Do you mean like when latent awareness knows sensation..consciousness comes online(activated on contact)..appearing as the mind?

Or put another esoteric way...When unconscious latent awareness (Father) knows sensation /conscious(Mother) Son is born (mind)?
I wasn't thinking in quite the terms you have described, but with Consciousness all possibilities are still on the table.