The Inter Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Who knows, that could be right. We don't have enough understanding of Consciousness yet to know. All options are still on the table. In any case whether it's The Inter Mind or something else the Gap needs to be filled.
Have been reading some more ..and I can't tell you enough how I kind of get a real sense of what you are saying by using my inner eye. I think it's great that you are able to put this into words in a scientific way...something that I'm really bad at. I struggle to put what my inner eyes sees into words. What you have investigated here is what the ancient sages have seen also , and that you have the capacity to go deep into the nature of reality is positive, the world needs people like you to probe those hard to reach areas of the mind.

I've always been the type of person that likes to go one step beyond the mind, and say the gap can be filled, I'm sure we all say that to ourselves, I personally feel pretty confident that our sense of beingness, the hard question of what or who we are can be answered and known in full. I think the gap is already closed, because I don't think there is anyone here to fill it. the gap being open is already what the mind is. The open space is wide open and already taken...when ever it comes online...

... but that open space is not taken up by the one who seeks to fill it...does that make sense? ..maybe that's too deep, but I get what I'm saying. There is no one to fill in what's already taken so to speak.

I keep thinking, why would a universe come into being if it was not going to know itself or how it made it self, and that's where the mind comes in ..in that it want's to rediscover itself in real physical spacetime events. . . which is the simulation idea that you have also put forward.

I really am enjoying reading your work, it's fascinating, but my mind is still a work in progress, and that's fine because I know I have got the whole of eternity to meet myself face to face...and even if I don't meet myself face to face, that would be my original face too... it's a win win..positive all the way down..

.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4a98e2.jpg

BBL . .
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: Who knows, that could be right. We don't have enough understanding of Consciousness yet to know. All options are still on the table. In any case whether it's The Inter Mind or something else the Gap needs to be filled.
Have been reading some more ..and I can't tell you enough how I kind of get a real sense of what you are saying by using my inner eye. I think it's great that you are able to put this into words in a scientific way...something that I'm really bad at. I struggle to put what my inner eyes sees into words. What you have investigated here is what the ancient sages have seen also , and that you have the capacity to go deep into the nature of reality is positive, the world needs people like you to probe those hard to reach areas of the mind.

I've always been the type of person that likes to go one step beyond the mind, and say the gap can be filled, I'm sure we all say that to ourselves, I personally feel pretty confident that our sense of beingness, the hard question of what or who we are can be answered and known in full. I think the gap is already closed, because I don't think there is anyone here to fill it. the gap being open is already what the mind is. The open space is wide open and already taken...when ever it comes online...

... but that open space is not taken up by the one who seeks to fill it...does that make sense? ..maybe that's too deep, but I get what I'm saying. There is no one to fill in what's already taken so to speak.

I keep thinking, why would a universe come into being if it was not going to know itself or how it made it self, and that's where the mind comes in ..in that it want's to rediscover itself in real physical spacetime events. . . which is the simulation idea that you have also put forward.

I really am enjoying reading your work, it's fascinating, but my mind is still a work in progress, and that's fine because I know I have got the whole of eternity to meet myself face to face...and even if I don't meet myself face to face, that would be my original face too... it's a win win..positive all the way down..

BBL . .
Nicely written. You could be right, There might not really be a Gap. But as long as I can see a Gap I have to go and try to find something to put in it. Liked the saying in the jpeg.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Nicely written. You could be right, There might not really be a Gap. But as long as I can see a Gap I have to go and try to find something to put in it. Liked the saying in the jpeg.

Hey, I thought you'd fallen into the gap...and I'd lost you forever.. lol :wink:

Nice to see you again.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hey, I thought you'd fallen into the gap...and I'd lost you forever.. lol :wink:

Nice to see you again.
No not the Gap ... Thank You
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:

Nice to see you again.
No not the Gap ... Thank You

Steve, I get the sense that when reading your paper on the IM ...is like trying to look at consciousness CL itself..which is creating the gap.

And when I stop looking the gap closes.

From your Miscellaneous Thoughts section...you state>
People make the statement that all matter has consciousness. I doubt it. Even something as alive as my thumb does not have consciousness
But couldn't it also be said that all matter is consciousness or put another way, consciousness is all matter including the physical brain matter?

In the sense that what is alive is what's unknown/unseen - and what's dead is the known / seen?

In that what can be seen or known is dead, and what can't be seen or known is alive.

Those have to go hand in hand to reach the conclusion that both ideas are true and that reality is both dead and alive at the same time - or, and nothing is alive or dead...or, and everything is alive and dead...in the same moment which is only ever now.

SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Steve, I get the sense that when reading your paper on the IM ...is like trying to look at consciousness CL itself..which is creating the gap.

And when I stop looking the gap closes.
I think the Gap is there if we are looking at it or not. But who knows for sure?
Dontaskme wrote: From your Miscellaneous Thoughts section...you state>
People make the statement that all matter has consciousness. I doubt it. Even something as alive as my thumb does not have consciousness
But couldn't it also be said that all matter is consciousness or put another way, consciousness is all matter including the physical brain matter?

In the sense that what is alive is what's unknown/unseen - and what's dead is the known / seen?

In that what can be seen or known is dead, and what can't be seen or known is alive.

Those have to go hand in hand to reach the conclusion that both ideas are true and that reality is both dead and alive at the same time - or, and nothing is alive or dead...or, and everything is alive and dead...in the same moment which is only ever now.
That's a good way to put it. Here's what I think you said in my words: Our Physical aspect is seen but it is Unconscious material which could be said to be dead. Our Conscious aspect is unseen but is the thing that is really alive.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: That's a good way to put it. Here's what I think you said in my words: Our Physical aspect is seen but it is Unconscious material which could be said to be dead. Our Conscious aspect is unseen but is the thing that is really alive.
Yes, you've nailed it Steve. I like the way you think..I think we both see this the same way...in our own kind of way. :D

What if the Inter Mind is a phenomena that unknowingly creates the gap, and then knowingly looks to fill the gap that it has created? ..a strange thing to do really< < doesn't that sound bizarre? :?

SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: That's a good way to put it. Here's what I think you said in my words: Our Physical aspect is seen but it is Unconscious material which could be said to be dead. Our Conscious aspect is unseen but is the thing that is really alive.
Yes, you've nailed it Steve. I like the way you think..I think we both see this the same way...in our own kind of way. :D

What if the Inter Mind is a phenomena that unknowingly creates the gap, and then knowingly looks to fill the gap that it has created? ..a strange thing to do really< < doesn't that sound bizarre? :?

Could be. I would put it like this: During development it could be that the Physical Mind creates the Inter Mind and then the Inter Mind creates the Conscious Mind.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:I think we both see this the same way...in our own kind of way. :D
In other words, Steve, you both see it the same way, only in different ways.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:I think we both see this the same way...in our own kind of way. :D
In other words, Steve, you both see it the same way, only in different ways.
Exactly. You're getting it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

SteveKlinko wrote: Exactly. You're getting it.
I hope not, I don't want what you two have got.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Harbal wrote:
The World is getting it!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 am
Harbal wrote:
The World is getting it!
Hi Steve,

If everything is consciousness including the internet, then who is the other consciousness that is going to know what consciousness is, or how or where it comes from and why?

If this physical world is one of infinitely many hypothetical if/then possibility worlds, can a human being create any knowing of it? surely not, it can only be observed to exist which is does as witnessed.
And because the fact that we're a life-Protagonist means that we're in life, and involved in it.Equations, abstract general logical statements,including syllogisms,physical-laws, mathematical theorems, etc. . . must be Absolute facts. If there had been no facts, then it would have been a fact that there were no facts…a contradiction.So, the relative worlds, the hypothetical possibility worlds, including this one, are there because they are inevitable.

So I don't see any reason to place a missing piece of the puzzle up into the spotlight to be examined, simply because it doesn't exist. Consciousness too is just an idea.

What do you think?
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 am
Harbal wrote: I hope not, I don't want what you two have got.
The World is getting it!
Hi Steve,

If everything is consciousness including the internet, then who is the other consciousness that is going to know what consciousness is, or how or where it comes from and why?

If this physical world is one of infinitely many hypothetical if/then possibility worlds, can a human being create any knowing of it? surely not, it can only be observed to exist which is does as witnessed.
And because the fact that we're a life-Protagonist means that we're in life, and involved in it.Equations, abstract general logical statements,including syllogisms,physical-laws, mathematical theorems, etc. . . must be Absolute facts. If there had been no facts, then it would have been a fact that there were no facts…a contradiction.So, the relative worlds, the hypothetical possibility worlds, including this one, are there because they are inevitable.

So I don't see any reason to place a missing piece of the puzzle up into the spotlight to be examined, simply because it doesn't exist. Consciousness too is just an idea.

What do you think?
For me Consciousness is an Experience, not just an Idea. If it was just an idea, I agree, why bother. Consciousness is something that stares us in the face, it is what we are, but yet it defies explanation. It must be held up to the Light, studied, and explained. It is Human Nature.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm
For me Consciousness is an Experience, not just an Idea. If it was just an idea, I agree, why bother. Consciousness is something that stares us in the face, it is what we are, but yet it defies explanation. It must be held up to the Light, studied, and explained. It is Human Nature.
Steve, Thanks for coming back.

An experience is known in the immediate experience, but how can the experiencer of the experience be seen or known...surely that would require a separate consciousness?

I know it's just a figure of speech when you say consciousness stares us in the face...but it's not consciousness staring us in the face, consciousness can't look at itself....what's looked at ..is what's looking, it's the same thing, images seen are the looked upon, reflections of the imageless. There is no consciousness in a thing seen...so how can a thing seen be staring back at the looker if there is no consciousness in the thing seen to do that?Can you see what I'm saying?

No one has ever seen consciousness, no one has seen the experience of consciousness. We can't explain what we can't see, all we can do is know it.

Just as with any sense, they're all an experience ..but they're all invisible, so how can an invisible experience be held up to the light to be examined.

I know I'm only stating the obvious here, but I really would like to know why you believe that consciousness can be explained and how?

I've looked into the nature of consciousness for many years, and found nothing, all I have are ideas about ideas which I cannot see, I certainly cannot explain or see ''the experiencer'' of an experience, even though the experience is known...doesn't mean I have explained it though, so I'm not saying it is impossible to explain the ''experiencer'' ...I'm saying I simply don't know who or what that is.

All I know is that I'm known, but I can't see that knower without splitting myself in two.

Steve, how do you propose to explain an invisible idea? how can self see itself, I understand that's what you are trying to discover, but is that honestly possible?

Can the absolute be explained by the relative ...any relative thoughts about the absolute would be absurd surely?