The Inter Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: I'm looking Steve..

I really like your ideas, and I absolutely agree with you when you say...''you will never see Light or hear Sound the same way again''

Gosh, learning and discovering stuff about the universe and how or why it came into being is so exciting...
I completely understand your desire to make a friend but such a display of desperation will probably not work in your favour.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: I'm looking Steve..

I really like your ideas, and I absolutely agree with you when you say...''you will never see Light or hear Sound the same way again''

Gosh, learning and discovering stuff about the universe and how or why it came into being is so exciting...
I completely understand your desire to make a friend but such a display of desperation will probably not work in your favour.
Good one! Ok I don't need to let this brew anymore. The only question I have is are you two the same person or are you just teaming up to mess with me? I would still encourage you to take a look at The Inter Mind when you get a chance.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hi Steve.

I have to be honest, I've been reading through some more of your IMM material which I think is great,but my only criticism is that you appear to have used too many abbreviations, so I'm finding it quite difficult to digest the material. My train of thought keeps getting lost while having to translate the overly abbreviated text into coherent understanding which I find quite time consuming and tiring. I know it all makes sense to you, but for someone who is not familiar with that style of thesis it can get a bit confusing. I'm not much of an intellectual analytic minded being when it comes to reading other peoples textual ideas, although I do have an innate sense of what you are talking about, and would like to congratulate you on your hard work. And for the way you've put your ideas into writing in such a precise and detailed well presented way over all.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: The only question I have is are you two the same person or are you just teaming up to mess with me? .
No we are not the same person. I have absolutely no idea who Harbal is. I have no personal interest in him or anything he writes about whatsoever. I don't even think he's ever started a thread topic of his own choosing that I'm aware of.

His comments do make me laugh out loud though, so that's why I get involved sometimes. Even though he can be quite vulgar, I don't ever take any of it personally.

All I know is that he likes to follow me around this forum for what ever reason. You can almost 100% guarantee that when I post something he'll be instantly there on the back of it with his usual useless replies.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: You can almost 100% guarantee that when I post something he'll be instantly there on the back of it
That's not true...oops.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: The only question I have is are you two the same person or are you just teaming up to mess with me? .
No we are not the same person. I have absolutely no idea who Harbal is. I have no personal interest in him or anything he writes about whatsoever.
You have a good, functional grasp of duality.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: You can almost 100% guarantee that when I post something he'll be instantly there on the back of it
That's not true...oops.
Yes it is, here you are doing it again! :roll:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Yes it is, here you are doing it again! :roll:
If you don't stop following me around I'm going to start being unfriendly.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:Hi Steve.

I have to be honest, I've been reading through some more of your IMM material which I think is great,but my only criticism is that you appear to have used too many abbreviations, so I'm finding it quite difficult to digest the material. My train of thought keeps getting lost while having to translate the overly abbreviated text into coherent understanding which I find quite time consuming and tiring. I know it all makes sense to you, but for someone who is not familiar with that style of thesis it can get a bit confusing. I'm not much of an intellectual analytic minded being when it comes to reading other peoples textual ideas, although I do have an innate sense of what you are talking about, and would like to congratulate you on your hard work. And for the way you've put your ideas into writing in such a precise and detailed well presented way over all.
I think you might really have read some of the paper. Yes lots of Acronyms. It's a good criticism. That comes from working for many years in the aerospace industry. If anything is going to be repeated multiple times the first thing you do is define an acronym for it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: I think you might really have read some of the paper. Yes lots of Acronyms. It's a good criticism. That comes from working for many years in the aerospace industry. If anything is going to be repeated multiple times the first thing you do is define an acronym for it.
Yeah, I understand that thanks. I'm an expert at repeating things multiple times ...that's why I can't deal with acronyms much...I have to be sure what I'm reading, but that's just because I'm a mentally slow person.

I have a very short memory at the moment, so I can forget what I've said only a few seconds ago, nothing that is said or happened in my life ever really sticks, I'm always in a blank place of pure awareness most of the time...except when I'm writing on this forum, when replying to people the words just come out of my thought like an arrow, I'm not really having to think about what to say, it's like I'm on auto pilot most of my life. not sure it's because I have transcended the illusion of duality, where I do not live in the mind anymore, I've heard those people live from a spotless mind every second of the day... anyway will persevere with the paper. Your 3 way mind idea does correlate with the esoteric holy trinity so it's on the right track from that perspective. It's quite exciting to read all the different ways people write about the mind of the inner self, it's interesting how many different ideas can come up about the same subject..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: You have a good, functional grasp of duality.
I wanna tell you a story..Through the mirror of my mind Time after time I see reflections of you and me.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: I have to be honest, I've been reading through some more of your IMM material which I think is great,but my only criticism is that you appear to have used too many abbreviations, so I'm finding it quite difficult to digest the material.
Per your comment I have put in a Hover Over Full Text feature on all the Acronyms.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Per your comment I have put in a Hover Over Full Text feature on all the Acronyms.
Steve, thanks for doing that...but what do you mean by hover over the full text feature, where is that or how do I do that?

Sorry for being a bit innocent of this knowing... :D
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: Per your comment I have put in a Hover Over Full Text feature on all the Acronyms.
Steve, thanks for doing that...but what do you mean by hover over the full text feature, where is that or how do I do that?

Just realized that if you use your phone then the Hover doesn't seem to work anyway. At least on my phone it doesn't. Assuming you are not messing with me then Hovering over an Acronym means putting the mouse cursor over an Acronym. When the cursor is over any Acronym a small text box will pop up near the Acronym with the Full Text of the Acronym.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:

Just realized that if you use your phone then the Hover doesn't seem to work anyway. At least on my phone it doesn't. Assuming you are not messing with me then Hovering over an Acronym means putting the mouse cursor over an Acronym. When the cursor is over any Acronym a small text box will pop up near the Acronym with the Full Text of the Acronym.

I'm not messing with you Steve, I'm one of those rare normal people that do exist in life, I don't mess with other peoples head in cyber space just because they can't retaliate, that's the work of a weak mind trying to win points by putting others down...I'm genuinely normal.

So anyway...I've tried what you said..but it doesn't seem to be working ..my cursor is not bringing up any pop-ups when I hover it over the Acro's...I haven't got a mobile phone either, so can't use that...don't have one, don't like them, don't need one.