The Inter Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SteveKlinko

The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko »

The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind, with The Inter Mind bridging the Gap between them. Please visit http://TheInterMind.com to see the whole story.
Dontaskme

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote:The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind, with The Inter Mind bridging the Gap between them. Please visit http://TheInterMind.com to see the whole story.

Thank you for sharing the website. I will personally look forward to reading it.

Quote from the website.
Also, from Quantum Mechanics, it is theorized that elementary particles of Matter and some types of Energy can arise out of empty Space. So Matter and Energy might be made out of Space and maybe we can say that everything is actually made out of Space.
I was just writing about space the other day. On how what appears to our mind to be solid material is actually made from thin air aka the space it's appearing in. So it was nice to read it again here, thanks. When you think about it what can anything be but space itself, if stuff was solid, you'd need something to fix it in place like a peg or something, how else could solidity hang itself in space if it wasn't the actual space itself?

If an object was separate from the space it's sitting in, then what's holding it there, it's not like we can nail some object to the space...I like the quote from the film Superman ..when he flies down to rescue the girl from falling to the ground, he scoops her up into his arms and says..

'' Now hold on I've got you ..'' and then she screams in surprise.. ..''if you've got me! - err, who's got you!..'' ...lol
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind, with The Inter Mind bridging the Gap between them. Please visit http://TheInterMind.com to see the whole story.

Thank you for sharing the website. I will personally look forward to reading it.

Quote from the website.
Also, from Quantum Mechanics, it is theorized that elementary particles of Matter and some types of Energy can arise out of empty Space. So Matter and Energy might be made out of Space and maybe we can say that everything is actually made out of Space.
I was just writing about space the other day. On how what appears to our mind to be solid material is actually made from thin air aka the space it's appearing in. So it was nice to read it again here, thanks. When you think about it what can anything be but space itself, if stuff was solid, you'd need something to fix it in place like a peg or something, how else could solidity hang itself in space if it wasn't the actual space itself?

If an object was separate from the space it's sitting in, then what's holding it there, it's not like we can nail some object to the space...I like the quote from the film Superman ..when he flies down to rescue the girl from falling to the ground, he scoops her up into his arms and says..

'' Now hold on I've got you ..'' and then she screams in surprise.. ..''if you've got me! - err, who's got you!..'' ...lol
Thank you for the welcoming comments. I remember that Superman movie scene. It's a good question. If you really want to go back to the most elementary thing in the Universe it has to be Space. I think Space is a thing so that we could have had 4D Space or 3D Space or 2D Space. We are so completely embedded in our 3D Space that it is almost impossible to understand a 4D Universe or a 2D Universe. And also there can be no Space. I don't think anyone can visualize that. That would be Absolute Nothing.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

SteveKlinko wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Thank you for sharing the website.
Thank you for the welcoming comments.
I think I see the beginnings of a beautiful friendship, may I be the first to give my blessings.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: Thank you for the welcoming comments. I remember that Superman movie scene. It's a good question. If you really want to go back to the most elementary thing in the Universe it has to be Space. I think Space is a thing so that we could have had 4D Space or 3D Space or 2D Space. We are so completely embedded in our 3D Space that it is almost impossible to understand a 4D Universe or a 2D Universe. And also there can be no Space. I don't think anyone can visualize that. That would be Absolute Nothing.
You're welcome.
The recognition that this wide open space is actually inseparable from everything that appears, that emptiness is none other than form is the peace that passes all understanding.
I'm always on the look out for material like this, so thanks again for sharing it here. If you don't mind me asking you, what inspired you to write such material as the concept of everything is space?

As Nisargadatta Maharaj so eloquently put it...“Wisdom says I am nothing. Love says I am everything. Between the two my life flows.”
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:“Wisdom says I am nothing. Love says I am everything.
I guess that averages out as something.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Harbal wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Thank you for sharing the website.
Thank you for the welcoming comments.
I think I see the beginnings of a beautiful friendship, may I be the first to give my blessings.
Blessings are hard to get on Philosopy forums. I accept.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

SteveKlinko wrote: Blessings are hard to get on Philosopy forums. I accept.
Quite right, SteveKlinko, you'll find that not everyone here is as generous as I am.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: Thank you for the welcoming comments. I remember that Superman movie scene. It's a good question. If you really want to go back to the most elementary thing in the Universe it has to be Space. I think Space is a thing so that we could have had 4D Space or 3D Space or 2D Space. We are so completely embedded in our 3D Space that it is almost impossible to understand a 4D Universe or a 2D Universe. And also there can be no Space. I don't think anyone can visualize that. That would be Absolute Nothing.
You're welcome.
The recognition that this wide open space is actually inseparable from everything that appears, that emptiness is none other than form is the peace that passes all understanding.
I'm always on the look out for material like this, so thanks again for sharing it here. If you don't mind me asking you, what inspired you to write such material as the concept of everything is space?

As Nisargadatta Maharaj so eloquently put it...“Wisdom says I am nothing. Love says I am everything. Between the two my life flows.”
My conclusion that everything is made out of Empty Space came very logically and simply from the fact that certain Energies and Particles can spontaneously just appear out of Empty Space. What can this mean except that these Energies and Particle are made out of Empty Space.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

SteveKlinko wrote: My conclusion that everything is made out of Empty Space came very logically and simply from the fact that certain Energies and Particles can spontaneously just appear out of Empty Space. What can this mean except that these Energies and Particle are made out of Empty Space.
But space that is not empty already contains Energies and Particle, why cannot "everything" be made out of these?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SteveKlinko wrote: My conclusion that everything is made out of Empty Space came very logically and simply from the fact that certain Energies and Particles can spontaneously just appear out of Empty Space. What can this mean except that these Energies and Particle are made out of Empty Space.
Thanks Steve.
For me, the desire to seek and study Nondual philosophy happened spontaneously when one day while walking through some woodland near my home a thought suddenly came to my mind..I was about 7 years old. The thought went like this...who I am looking at all these trees and hearing birds singing and feeling the suns heat on my skin.. how is this happening, where have all these things come from and who is looking at them, what am I feeling and sensing this amazing place?

Then, another thought came a little while after that thought that tried to imagine the opposite ..which was to try and vision absolute total silent blank black nothingness. At that moment I realised who I was, the dual nature of existence made it's appearance as and through the aware thoughts. I realised that Both polarities had to exist and that they were the same THING.

That's why I like your analogy saying that space is a THING.

This was my argument when I engaged in many discussions with other Nondual posters on a Nonduality forum...they argued space is not a thing, it is that in which things arise. I counter argued this over and over there could be no such thing as no thing that could be known for if it were known it would be a thing known. So there is no way that space cannot not be a thing. :wink: :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:“Wisdom says I am nothing. Love says I am everything.
I guess that averages out as something.
"In order to overcome something, you must submit to it first, to understand what it is you're to overcome." -- Juan Wa Chang
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: But space that is not empty already contains Energies and Particle, why cannot "everything" be made out of these?
Now this is how your reasoning tries to trick you...causing a paradox?

You say space that is not empty..then you say the word ''contains''

NOW, doesn't something have to be empty before it can contain something?

See how your mind tricks you?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: For me, the desire to seek and study Nondual philosophy happened spontaneously when one day while walking through some woodland near my home a thought suddenly came to my mind..I was about 7 years old. The thought went like this...who I am looking at all these trees and hearing birds singing and feeling the suns heat on my skin.. how is this happening, where have all these things come from and who is looking at them, what am I feeling and sensing this amazing place? Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife.....
Then, another thought came a little while after that thought
You should have nipped it in the bud straight after your first thought.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: You say space that is not empty..then you say the word ''contains''
That's because I am used to things that are not empty containing something.
NOW, doesn't something have to be empty before it can contain something?
I'm not interested in it before it contains something.