Faith In Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: Faith In Mind

Post by Impenitent »

Walker wrote:
Impenitent wrote:the constant conjunction of events does not necessitate cause

-Imp
Upon consideration, I’d have to say that interrupting the continuity of big inertia (constant conjunction of events) requires big force, but little force interrupts little inertia. Little force is multiplied by timing, and big force should rarely be. However, force is relative to inertia itself, which requires more force to shift than to maintain and like concrete, invariably becomes too impenetrable after a lifetime of hardening for an effective cost/benefit ratio for energy to influence.
read Hume's fork

-Imp
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:So you’re saying that if you do not know the purpose, then the purpose does not exist.
No.

People tend to say exactly what they mean, not some Twinkie induced fantasy from your fetid mind.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:The gap between two thoughts is what you are not the thoughts themselves. The thoughts are the only poison here depending on whether you the gap between thoughts are going to identify with them as being you or not.
I know what you mean.

The space between two thoughts
Where no thought exists
Is what you are.

You are not the thoughts themselves.

The thoughts are the only poison here.

However, thoughts are only poison in this way:
- If you identify as the thought, then the thought is poison.

The thoughts are not poison if:
- You correctly identify as the space between two thoughts, where no thoughts exist.
But then again, even the gap between two thoughts is another thought. The gap can't be closed by mind. Absence of thought can't be reached because that placeholder is already taken as the source identifier of every thought.

The totality of Self can be seen to be one big giant ''THOUGHT'' ......identifying as identity = entity...(I AM)..''thought'' being inseparable from it's identifier.

The known Self can only arise as ''thought'' ..although thoughts appear and disappear, the identifier of every thought can never appear or disappear - it being the source of all appearances & disappearances. There's no escape from the emptiness of all that appears...for where could emptiness go? :P

From this vision one can see that all is well since the totality of SELF is based on the pure emptiness of imagination giving rise to all things imaginable...appearing as water-colour brush-strokes impressing upon the canvas of liquid mind.

Hmm, just my attempt at poetic pointing to the ineffable! :wink:

Walker wrote:This is the feedback, and I agree with you.

However I will tell you, there is more to it.

Which you know.

There is always more to it.

:)
What do you mean?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:
Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:The gap between two thoughts is what you are not the thoughts themselves. The thoughts are the only poison here depending on whether you the gap between thoughts are going to identify with them as being you or not.
I know what you mean.

The space between two thoughts
Where no thought exists
Is what you are.

You are not the thoughts themselves.

The thoughts are the only poison here.

However, thoughts are only poison in this way:
- If you identify as the thought, then the thought is poison.

The thoughts are not poison if:
- You correctly identify as the space between two thoughts, where no thoughts exist.
But then again, even the gap between two thoughts is another thought. The gap can't be closed by mind. Absence of thought can't be reached because that placeholder is already taken as the source identifier of every thought.

The totality of Self can be seen to be one big giant ''THOUGHT'' ......identifying as identity = entity...(I AM)..''thought'' being inseparable from it's identifier.

The known Self can only arise as ''thought'' ..although thoughts appear and disappear, the identifier of every thought can never appear or disappear - it being the source of all appearances & disappearances. There's no escape from the emptiness of all that appears...for where could emptiness go? :P

From this vision one can see that all is well since the totality of SELF is based on the pure emptiness of imagination giving rise to all things imaginable...appearing as water-colour brush-strokes impressing upon the canvas of liquid mind.

Hmm, just my attempt at poetic pointing to the ineffable! :wink:

Which you know.

What do you mean?
What I wrote.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:So you’re saying that if you do not know the purpose, then the purpose does not exist.
No.

People tend to say exactly what they mean, not some Twinkie induced fantasy from your fetid mind.
Don't be little. (If you are, you can't understand)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:But then again, even the gap between two thoughts is another thought.
Wrong. Thinking about it is another thought.

But thanks for the confirmation.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote:
Walker wrote:
Impenitent wrote:the constant conjunction of events does not necessitate cause

-Imp
Upon consideration, I’d have to say that interrupting the continuity of big inertia (constant conjunction of events) requires big force, but little force interrupts little inertia. Little force is multiplied by timing, and big force should rarely be. However, force is relative to inertia itself, which requires more force to shift than to maintain and like concrete, invariably becomes too impenetrable after a lifetime of hardening for an effective cost/benefit ratio for energy to influence.
read Hume's fork

-Imp
That would create an imbalance in effortation which might rip a rift in the universe.

How about summoning the energy for a summary.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:But then again, even the gap between two thoughts is another thought.
Wrong. Thinking about it is another thought.
Yes, thinking about space is another thought, but the thought is never the space in which it appears as a thing, because space is not a thing...so thoughts aren't real, they only appear real as identification takes hold...but this identification is like an energetic parasite, because thinking can't think about no thing, about the absence of thought...and so thought cannot touch the thoughtless space in which they arise...in other words the unreal can never touch the real?

Thoughts are known by the space in which they appear, but the space cannot be known by the thought...without creating more thought.

You know you are thinking because you are the endless space between each thought aware of every thought. That space awareness is your real identity, and not the thought itself. Space awareness is without limitation being infinitely everything and everywhere. It is the no thing being every thing...it's not clinging to any ''thought thing'' as if it's life depended on it... because it knows it's already life with or without any thoughts about it.

It's effortlessly free and doesn't need to identify with any thought to be what it already is, it's just this boundless wide open space in which every thought appears and disappears....but then thought says it wants to be something other than this no thing in which everything is appearing, it doesn't care much about being no thing...so it pretends to be the thought and the thinker of that thought.... even though it already knows it is the empty space awareness of the thought and that it knows it's not the thought but likes to play the game of duality with itself.

However...the thought I am ''my thought'' is parasitic, and yet there is no escape from such identification as awareness is nothing without that which it is aware of. Enlightenment is realising awareness is ever untouched by what it is aware of as what it is aware of never actually existed separate from the no thing in which it arises... as thought. The open space of empty awareness itself cannot be thought about, since thoughts don't exist and cannot do anything.

Everything is self arising, no other thing is in relationship to what's happening, except a thought..albeit illusory.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Which you know.

What do you mean?
What I wrote.
You wrote there's more to it.

Well I suppose yeah I do know that. as in this can be what ever it imagines itself to be. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
False dichotomy.
All things natural are caused.
So you're saying that faith is natural, faith is caused, and faith is poison in the mind. Correct?
No I'm saying you are confused.
If you're going to take part in a mind thread then talk about the mind.

Who's the you that is confused? ..and don't just say ''you''..that's like pointing to the empty sky and saying ...''there it is''

Please note that the body is never confused, is breathing confused? is your heart beat ever confused? is you digestion and capacity to shit and piss ever confused?

So who is this you that is confused?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
No.

You've made two distinctions here, suggesting one should have been said and the other shouldn't have been said.

And that's your problem, you believe only one side of the story,

Lets imagine for a moment that someone said something they didn't mean, how would it be possible to change the unwanted said into something they did mean to say ...without changing what wasn't meant but was because that's what was said..into what was meant to be said but wasn't said? :?

How can something not meant to be said be said when that's what was being said?

Or is what's speaking and what's hearing just this immediate inseparable awareness appearing now exactly the way it's meant to appear? ...who is the ''other one'' that is going to oppose and make a distinction between ...''what was meant'' and ''not meant''?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:[If god exists, he does not give a shit.
It's you and only you that is painting the image of God that doesn't give a shit, if that's what you believe to be true about God then stop painting that picture. See that you don't need the image you paint to be what you already are right now which is perfect in every way unless you paint it differently than what it's already being. For what you are is this already self shining, self sufficient empty canvas on which you paint your image. (some people cannot accept that and would rather cling to their self-portrait...snigger! :P

Take no notice of the image you paint, what you are cannot be phased or be effected by what you paint...you are essentially already here as this pristine beloved one expressing itself as and when it draws upon it's imagination to be what ever it want's to be. Paint a shitty picture and that's exactly what you'll get. Or, be nice to yourself, it's all you... warts an all.

Don't project what's sourced only in you out into the external world and believe the world is wrong, but not you, because there is nothing external to your own idea about that world...so correct your own thinking before laying blame on what's only your own projections believed.

Accept what's happening, without wanting it to be any different than what it is, or by saying that shouldn't have happened. This is home. It's the only home there is always here.

What's wrong with right now unless you think about it? But life want's to be creative, so lets use thinking as a creative tool, not a destructive one. But destruction is also what's happening, that too is this being home.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well you know, sometimes folks just gotta mold the clay they got. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. It’s somewhere everyone eventually gets to. Yep.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:[If god exists, he does not give a shit.
It's you and only you that is painting the image of God that doesn't give a shit, if that's what you believe to be true about God then stop painting that picture. See that you don't need the image you paint to be what you already are right now which is perfect in every way unless you paint it differently than what it's already being. For what you are is this already self shining, self sufficient empty canvas on which you paint your image. (some people cannot accept that and would rather cling to their self-portrait...snigger! :P

Take no notice of the image you paint, what you are cannot be phase.

Do you really think that any one is going to read what you just typed?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Do you really think that any one is going to read what you just typed?
No.

No one ever comes into existence. All existence is consciousness that cannot be an object. :mrgreen: