When we wonder........

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Beauty

When we wonder........

Post by Beauty »

When we wonder.......

So what exactly would we be wondering about, if something was not there pertaining to it? So if we wonder about God and God's existence or the Creator or Creator's existence, then there would be something there pertaining to it, or why would we wonder. For example: I am going to wonder about xyz. If I don't even have any idea of xyz(the unknown) then what can I wonder, I can't. So then we all do have some idea of God or Creator and this and that. Then the question arises, who's existence are we trying to prove here? Something that obviously exists already? Why? There is no need!
Philosophy Explorer

Re: When we wonder........

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Beauty wrote:When we wonder.......

So what exactly would we be wondering about, if something was not there pertaining to it? So if we wonder about God and God's existence or the Creator or Creator's existence, then there would be something there pertaining to it, or why would we wonder. For example: I am going to wonder about xyz. If I don't even have any idea of xyz(the unknown) then what can I wonder, I can't. So then we all do have some idea of God or Creator and this and that. Then the question arises, who's existence are we trying to prove here? Something that obviously exists already? Why? There is no need!
We wonder because we're a curious species. It doesn't matter if God exists or not as we will still wonder.

PhilX
Beauty

Re: When we wonder........

Post by Beauty »

Well definitely we are a curious species, and we will always wonder, but my point was that to wonder about something not there cannot be done, only wondering about something there, and wondering about it in this regard or that, can be done.