~ Using Drugs Should Not Be Considered Criminal Nor A Mental Illness ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: ~ Using Drugs Should Not Be Considered Criminal Nor A Mental Illness ~

Post by thedoc »

TSBU wrote:Well, I don't see it like that with only that data. And mostly people don't do it either, for example smoking isn't seen as a crminal act, or a mental illness.
But the last I heard was that suicide was considered a criminal act, but only attempted and unsuccessful ones are prosecuted.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
TSBU wrote:Well, I don't see it like that with only that data. And mostly people don't do it either, for example smoking isn't seen as a crminal act, or a mental illness.
But the last I heard was that suicide was considered a criminal act, but only attempted and unsuccessful ones are prosecuted.
So much for the 'free disposal' argument regarding life.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
So much for the 'free disposal' argument regarding life.
I believe that in the US there is some state by state differences in the laws and codes for suicide and assisted suicide, but I am going on memory and at one time suicide, or attempted suicide, was illegal.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote: Legalizing drugs, we will have to put up with many users in our midst, just like drunks. I already have to breath in medical Marijuana, because people smoke it near me. Then they drive off, impaired.
We are already putting up with users in our midst, so what will be different, I don't believe that the use, in the long run, will increase. It might spike at first, but it will level off to about the same number that we have now, and by legalizing the laws for alcohol can be adapted to drug use, there will be limits to how much you can use and still operate a motor vehicle.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Legalizing drugs, we will have to put up with many users in our midst, just like drunks. I already have to breath in medical Marijuana, because people smoke it near me. Then they drive off, impaired.
We are already putting up with users in our midst, so what will be different, I don't believe that the use, in the long run, will increase. It might spike at first, but it will level off to about the same number that we have now, and by legalizing the laws for alcohol can be adapted to drug use, there will be limits to how much you can use and still operate a motor vehicle.
Studies have shown that moderate use of cannabis can improve driving. I myself have noticed a greater tendency to stick the the speed limit, which I usually routinely exceed.
Also the operation of a car whilst backing and parking have shown more care taken.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Before, if they bothered anyone, they would back off out of fear of illegal usage and its consequences . Now they insist on their legal rights to be stoned dicks. Being high is being normalized, just as drunkennes is.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...........................................You used the word, they...like, three times...

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

...........................................You used the word, they...like, three times...

Yes, I did, didn't I? Let me rephrase that to 'fucking losers' then. Better?

And only California Valley girls use 'like' the way you do, Bill. Are you a Valley girl, Bill?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The use of drugs is a simple tool, that an individual may chose to use, in the exploration of our quickly developing consciousness.

Our beautiful landscape of consciousness is neither criminal nor a sign of mental illness.

Individuals who use drugs to visit and explore the different aspects of our beautiful world of consciousness is exactly like prior explorers using ships, airplanes, and automobiles to explore new territory of our earthly three-dimensional world.

Why do some of us treat this strange, beautiful, amazing new world with such contempt?

FEAR.

Individuals such as you should never have even stumbled upon this thread. Hide. Go. NOW.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

The use of drugs is a very simple tool of abuse to hide from problems you should be facing.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Across the street where I sit writing this, an illegal marijuana dispensary is late open, serving those they deem require it's use through a Skype connection to a 'doctor'. A friend who has a legitimate use for it, and an actual federal card stating thus, was refused service, because he didn't have their fake card. And young people without a problem, aside from wanting to get stoned, are being served.

Pot is the snake oil of the 21st century. It may help.alleviate nausea and pain in those needing such relief, but everyone else is just a pinheaded loser who doesn't want to deal with their shit.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...like I said. It's best for you just to move-on.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

...like I said. It's best for you just to move-on.

Like I said, face your issues head on.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The use of drugs is a simple tool, that an individual may chose to use, in the exploration of our quickly developing consciousness.

Our beautiful landscape of consciousness is neither criminal nor a sign of mental illness.

Individuals who use drugs to visit and explore the different aspects of our beautiful world of consciousness is exactly like prior explorers using ships, airplanes, and automobiles to explore new territory of our earthly three-dimensional world.

Why do some of us treat this strange, beautiful, amazing new world with such contempt?

FEAR.

Individuals such as you should never have even stumbled upon this thread. Hide. Go. NOW.

BTW, I've faced & dealt with everything that has ever foreshadowed me...and I continue to do so.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

FEAR.

BTW, I've faced & dealt with everything that has ever foreshadowed me...and I continue to do so.

No you haven't.