~ Instead of a present tense - I AM ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Instead of a present tense - I AM ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

What if we used the term, point of consciousness?

Ex:
At this point of consciousness I am looking at myself typing upon a keyboard. And such.

This reference to point of consciousness referrers to a more dimensional space and also is a bit more detached. If you are in that sort of thing.

I think point of consciousness, at this point of consciousness for me is a more philosophical and substantive reference within someones life.

...I've been doing this today & I like it.

Dalek Prime

Re: ~ Instead of a present tense - I AM ~

Post by Dalek Prime »

What does this accomplish? What ambiguities are you seeking to avoid by using this term? Besides, I'm almost certain some druggy psychedelia guru has already used it.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

EXCELLENT questions. These questions are at the root of the effectiveness and substance of the concept, point of consciousness.

By using this phrase, which I have been doing lately, a more effective tool of detachment is obtained. This helps me fore I relate much of my inner accomplishment towards philosophy with my ability to be detached.

Point of consciousness takes ones being out of the ambiguity of time and thrusts the concept of ones consciousness into a spatial mode.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to further clarify, for myself and for all active members here, this surprising new tool to craft one's own individual philosophy in a more structured spatial relationship.

So often, when someone hears something new, in their first point in consciousness, they are skeptical or they attack the new idea. It is refreshing to see you attempt to overcome this common pitfall.

THANKS AGAIN! & Enjoy using this new psychological/philosophical tool! - YOU'RE WELCOME!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:... Besides, I'm almost certain some druggy psychedelia guru has already used it.
That'll be, 'gnu'.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Where'd you plagiarise this lot from Bill?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

It just came to me.

I won't say that it is original because I don't know if that is possible
...but...

I have been under A LOT of internal pressure lately. Whether I have brought this upon myself or if it is external or if this is something beyond my comprehension and the cause is beyond my present awareness. These times HAVE NOT BEEN PLEASANT.

I am reminded of the Biblical phrase, The son of god has no place to rest his head.

REALLY a rough time...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Your 'philosophy' not helping then?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Well, I know & understand that ANY philosophical breakthrough or REAL work upon oneself is precluded by GREAT difficulty, GREAT sadness, or extreme unpleasantness.

Mankind does not make internal strides by rolling downhill. Internal philosophy/psychology is earned by doing the hard work. Efforts. Going against oneself or ones initial inclinations.

Nothing worthwhile is obtained easily...

We are approaching esoteric knowledge.
Beyond this stage.

Good luck to you...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.Well, I know & understand that ANY philosophical breakthrough or REAL work upon oneself is precluded by GREAT difficulty, GREAT sadness, or extreme unpleasantness.
Nah! That's just your catholic upbringing.
Mankind does not make internal strides by rolling downhill. Internal philosophy/psychology is earned by doing the hard work. Efforts. Going against oneself or ones initial inclinations.
Sounds pretty stupid.
Nothing worthwhile is obtained easily...
Some things are some aren't.

We are approaching esoteric knowledge.
Beyond this stage.
Who's this 'we'? As if you are talking about yourself in the plural that's a bad sign.
Good luck to you...[/size]
I think you ought to try something else than luck.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yeah I, I think you are barking at shadows. Your anxiety towards me is apparent.

Makes you look weak. Perhaps that's just your fear & anxiety of life seeping through?

Think I struck a nerve of truth deep down inside of you & that is uncomfortable for you.

You seem to be constantly like a cat in the litter box...always trying to cover-up something. Perhaps a short coming of yours that you are, as yet, unable to overcome?

Don't exactly know but at this point of consciousness I wish you well but as yet I cannot apologize for attenuating the way that you perceive posts upon this forum.

When you are ready, and you are FAR from being ready at this point of consciousness, I will allow you to expand your perception within this forum.

Good luck to you.

Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:. Yeah I, I think you are barking at shadows. Your anxiety towards me is apparent. ...
I can't think where you got that idea?
Makes you look weak. Perhaps that's just your fear & anxiety of life seeping through?
Nope, too busy right now to have such things.
Think I struck a nerve of truth deep down inside of you & that is uncomfortable for you.
Nope, just wondered if your philosophy was helping you. Apparently not.
You seem to be constantly like a cat in the litter box...always trying to cover-up something. Perhaps a short coming of yours that you are, as yet, unable to overcome?
Nope, happy with my shortcomings thanks.
Don't exactly know but at this point of consciousness I wish you well but as yet I cannot apologize for attenuating the way that you perceive posts upon this forum.
It's not for you to do such a thing.
When you are ready, and you are FAR from being ready at this point of consciousness, I will allow you to expand your perception within this forum. ...

'When you are ready, and you are FAR from being ready at this I am, ...', doesn't really work does it.

Once again, this is not in your control. Is this what bothers you? That you are out-of-control.
Good luck to you.
KMA comes to mind.