Why are some people filled with mindless hatred?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ned

Re: Why are some people filled with mindless hatred?

Post by Ned »

thedoc wrote:Well then you're a better person than I am, I will sometimes descend to a "reply in kind" before using the ignore function.
Maybe I am a more 'proud' person than you are?

I have always insisted on being an individual.

As Monty Python said in the "Life of Brian":

"You are all individuals! You don't have to follow anybody!"

Upon which the crowd chanted in unison:

"We are all individuals! We don't have to follow anybody!"
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote:
Ned wrote: However, it would be nice to know how to help people like that to emerge from the dark labyrinths of their minds to the bright light of reason and benevolence.

:) When you are trying to deal with the kind of people you are referring to in the op, this is the kind of post that will set them off. There is an air of superiority, as if your ideology is superior and more advanced that theirs. It's a kind of put-down that really gets to these people. :)
Doc he's far too self absorbed, to see that his elitism is his problem, and not those that have far more serious problems. He strokes himself far too often to realize that we are all merely children, that have grown up physically, yet some are mentally scarred because of bad parents, because there is no such thing as a bad child. He could care less about those struggling, he's a 'fair' weather only friend, or so it surely seems. I don't know about all the rest of you, but I surely have seen thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions yet I've jumped into a raging river and was almost drowned by a the person I was saving, that according to her, I hated, so as to save her life. Maybe I should have followed his lead, and allowed her to drown, sequestered in my ignore list.

Some people just don't care about anyone but themselves. So be it, I'm proud to be on his ignore list, though he better hope he's never drowning, while I happen by, as I'll really fuck him up, as I jump in and save him from himself! That'll fix him! or wait a minute, will it?
Ned

Post by Ned »

Why are some people filled with mindless hatred?

Maybe because they are mindless and they like it that way!

Not having to strain the neurons must be very relaxing. :roll:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Ned wrote:Why are some people filled with mindless hatred?

Maybe because they are mindless and they like it that way!

Not having to strain the neurons must be very relaxing. :roll:
Take a look at Bob Evenson, on this Forum.
I think people tend to get into a habit of a certain behaviour that having worked for them at some point, becomes stuck through lack of imagination.

I lived next door to an old woman whose voice is like a foghorn. Maybe she's a bit deaf, but she also has a high pitch. A sort of pleading incredulous pitch. Many women adopt this pitch - I wish there was a name for it - there ought to be.
Rather than it be a voice reserved for special occasions, it becomes the default tone because people start to comply with requests rather than listen to more of that noise.

Mindless hatred is much the same. What ought to be reserved for special instances it becomes the default setting.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

It's a two lane highway. If hatred is not "mindless" and not all of it is, that should cause the person who initiated the effect to examine the response and bring it back to its cause. Of course, this hardly ever happens but it makes the recipient of such hatred an equal shareholder in being mindless. Hatred most often is a distortion requiring analysis but when it isn't the response remains justified.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HC, Bob's a riot. A real one of a kind gem. When I'm bored, I go see what he's up to, just to pull his chain. I know, it's not a nice thing to do, but boy, it can be fun. 8)
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:HC, Bob's a riot. A real one of a kind gem. When I'm bored, I go see what he's up to, just to pull his chain. I know, it's not a nice thing to do, but boy, it can be fun. 8)
As long as he does not start stalking you into other threads that's okay. He's hard to shake off. It's one reason I left PN a couple of years ago.
Have you seen his FB page?
"American Energy Party"
It's a hoot.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Once, when my nieces we're little, they came to me and asked, "Auntie AS, why do people cuss?"

I replied, "Cause it's fun." :twisted:

I believe most people are good, Ned. But you certainly hit the nail on the head when you say it's MINDLESS hatred. I think you know that though (by the title of this thread).

People are sitting around waiting for death...and sometimes it's simply boring. To get a rise out of someone is more fun and direct than asking a polite question and hearing a staged socially accepted reply/lie that means absolutely nothing.

Sometimes, intimacy is the only thing that makes a person feel like living. Polite chit chat over and over with absolute strangers can be mind numbing torture. And yet, that is all some people want. Others want to get to the heart of a person in a quick manner...laying it all out there, warts and all, is a way to get past the politeness and get a glimpse of the real person.

But then, you have to truly like people to allow them to be themselves.

Everyone wants unconditional acceptance but very few are willing to give it.
Vor

Post by Vor »

It is popularly assumed that one can’t “hate” and “love” the same person at the same time. But there is a kind of “perfect hatred” which is consistent with love, and is different from the “cruel hatred”.

What then did you expect when you unbound the gag that muted those black mouths? That they would chant your praises? Did you think that when those heads that our fathers had forcibly bowed down to the ground were raised again, you would find adoration in their eyes?"
Orphée Noir (Black Orpheus)"

Hate can give you the will to live, but what you do with that hate, depends on who you are.
ncrbrts

Post by ncrbrts »

Referring to the op...

I am filled with mindless hatred. It originates solely in my heart. My heart swells with hatred every day that I continue to exist. Also, I hate that I am purely motivated by hatred and I make efforts to fix my brain. Unfortunately, hatred is not born in my brain so all endeavours in that respect are fruitless.

While I hate everyone, I have no wish to harm them. I know that they are more than capable of doing that to themselves. I treat them as equally insignificant to mask the true hatred I hold for them all.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

It's only "hatred" if you let yourself be affected by it.
People that direct their poison towards you online, don't know you - so why take it personally? The fault is with them, not you.

I'm not pretending that I have never been affected by it, and as I said above I left PN for a long while because it had turned into a continual slanging match to the point that people that ought to have been agreeing with certain points were taking a view they did not even support just so that they could score a point.
I used to post more than anyone else back then, so I tended to fall into the sights of most haters.

Things have cooled down here now. Blob eveningsong is still the same old same old, and I give him nothing but shit, because he's incapable of understanding anything else. Otherwise, though I can be offhand and dismissive from time to time, I try to give reasonable people a listen to.
I am no angel.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Any strong emotion within oneself is a challenge and invites us to do some introspection and to discover some truth about ourselves.

When I hotly hate someone (because he said something to hurt me for instance) then my first reaction is to get even with this person. The question is how ?
Vor

Post by Vor »

Does this happen often?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

ncrbrts wrote:Referring to the op...

I am filled with mindless hatred. It originates solely in my heart. My heart swells with hatred every day that I continue to exist. Also, I hate that I am purely motivated by hatred and I make efforts to fix my brain. Unfortunately, hatred is not born in my brain so all endeavours in that respect are fruitless.

While I hate everyone, I have no wish to harm them. I know that they are more than capable of doing that to themselves. I treat them as equally insignificant to mask the true hatred I hold for them all.
Nicola, check out my favourite misanthropic blogger, Mr. Mean-Spirited. I think you'll enjoy reading his posts. :)

http://mister-mean-spirited.blogspot.ca/
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

duszek wrote:
When I hotly hate someone (because he said something to hurt me for instance) then my first reaction is to get even with this person. The question is how ?
My first love was a rough one...he was very, well, let's say eccentric. He was much older than I and knew what he wanted in life...which was the exact opposite of what I wanted...figures...would god have it any other way? lol

Anyway, he always gave me yellow, pink, white roses....basically any color other than red. Being a spoiled young woman, who was embarrassed in front of her friends when yellow roses were delivered (being that yellow roses mean "friendship"...or so the story goes). I complained to him and asked him why he never sent red. He explained that he only sends red roses to girls he is breaking up with.

Uh...okay... :roll:

So...as fate would have it...a way down the road when I realized I loved him but could not see a future in us...I had to break up with him, because he never wanted to have a family and that is all I wanted. It was the hardest thing I ever have done...I cried for weeks....actually more like months...years maybe...long story...lol.

Anyway, one day...a few weeks into the break up...I went to the door and a delivery man was standing there with red roses. All I could do was see red....literally and figuratively! I mean I was PISSSSSSSED OFFFF! How dare him break up with me when I had already broken up with him! I'm here crying my f'n eyes out and then this shit! Insult to injury! He'll rue the day!

All I could think of was revenge!

But then again...the roses were soooo beautiful...sadly I couldn't bring myself to enjoy them. I had to get rid of them!

Just then, I remembered a old folks home around the corner and figured they might enjoy them...so I got in my car and delivered the beautiful roses to their front desk.

As I turned to leave, the girl behind the desk asked me who she could send the thank you card to....

An evil smile came over my face as I turned sweetly and said,

"You can send the thank you card to Mr. Bob Agnew at ..."

Well, that did make me feel a whole lot better at the time! :twisted:

Years later, I met up with old Bob by chance encounter and we started to reminisce fondly as neither of us was mad anymore. He smiled and said,

"Classy move sending my flowers to the old folks home."

I laughed, "Well, you shouldn't have sent red roses to break up with me after I had already broken up with you!"

He looked at me very seriously and said, "I didn't send the roses to break up with you, my dear. I sent them to show you I could change."

:shock:

Moral of the story. Sometimes we do people a great injustice because we feel they have hurt us when they did not.

I was the shit heel in this case and it taught me a valuable lesson on hating...which is.... what's the point? Even if it is justified, what benefit to we really get from it...as sooner or later we are over it anyway? And if it isn't justified, that means we are the ones deserving of their revenge, because we are the one's who have wronged them.

Isn't it easier and more practical to just let bygones be bygones?