Green Ring

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Green Ring

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Okay so when you are about to die, or when you close your eyes really tight, you see a green ring.

What is this green ring? It's not in your eye, because there's no double vision.

So, is it the optic nerve? What the heck is it?
mtmynd1

Re: Green Ring

Post by mtmynd1 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Okay so when you are about to die, or when you close your eyes really tight, you see a green ring.
"When you are about to die... you see a green ring?" Really? If I close my eyes really tight... like not allowing any light to enter, I assume, is tight enough... I do not see green. I am partially color blind to shades of greens, reds and browns. So knowing this how would you explain this "green ring" to others who have not been privy to this phenomenon?

How about this, Trix - when you have dreams where does the light come from that illuminates your dream states despite the darkness of the night or the room you sleep in?
Mic84

Post by Mic84 »

I don't see "green ring" either.
GreatandWiseTrixie

mtmynd1 wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Okay so when you are about to die, or when you close your eyes really tight, you see a green ring.
"When you are about to die... you see a green ring?" Really? If I close my eyes really tight... like not allowing any light to enter, I assume, is tight enough... I do not see green. I am partially color blind to shades of greens, reds and browns. So knowing this how would you explain this "green ring" to others who have not been privy to this phenomenon?

How about this, Trix - when you have dreams where does the light come from that illuminates your dream states despite the darkness of the night or the room you sleep in?
I am color blind too. Not fully color blind though. This makes us comrades, friends. That is,

Unless we are in a movie involving the jealous sister trope.

Mic84 wrote:I don't see "green ring" either.
Do you see any kind of ring?

I am starting to think there is something strange about me.

"where does the light come from"
the brain has electricity in it. therefore, light. electricity is light.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Well welcome to second place human beings already do that, see things others may not...
GreatandWiseTrixie

Blaggard wrote:Well welcome to second place human beings already do that, see things others may not...
Second place? Trixie comes in first place, ALWAYS. (Unless she chooses not to.)

And this is no mere hallucination. It is infact more real than reality itself. The colors are so vivid you could not even reproduce it digitally. It's more lucid than actual vision, and quite persistent, as it persists even when approaching death. So please offer an explanation, other than typical human babble, because I might be on to something big.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I don't know if this is the same thing. I've experienced on two occasions a kind of halo vision (whether the eyes were open or close). The circumference was not smooth, but jagged. This halo started off small, but then grew to where the circumference left my field of vision, also the circumference was not green. I seem to recall someone mentioning it could result from a migraine headache which I didn't experience at the time. I could also mention that this halo was shimmering.

PhilX
GreatandWiseTrixie

Philosophy Explorer wrote:I don't know if this is the same thing. I've experienced on two occasions a kind of halo vision (whether the eyes were open or close). The circumference was not smooth, but jagged. This halo started off small, but then grew to where the circumference left my field of vision, also the circumference was not green. I seem to recall someone mentioning it could result from a migraine headache which I didn't experience at the time. I could also mention that this halo was shimmering.

PhilX
Jagged, like sharp knife, or just jagged like tree roots?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:I don't know if this is the same thing. I've experienced on two occasions a kind of halo vision (whether the eyes were open or close). The circumference was not smooth, but jagged. This halo started off small, but then grew to where the circumference left my field of vision, also the circumference was not green. I seem to recall someone mentioning it could result from a migraine headache which I didn't experience at the time. I could also mention that this halo was shimmering.

PhilX
Jagged, like sharp knife, or just jagged like tree roots?
Jagged like the two-dimensional creature from Outer Limits that got trapped in our world and visited an optician to get a lens to help him get back.

PhilX
GreatandWiseTrixie

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Jagged like the two-dimensional creature from Outer Limits that got trapped in our world and visited an optician to get a lens to help him get back.

PhilX