You Are God

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Your Construct

Re: You Are God

Post by Your Construct » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:15 am

I can't give you any proof that you are the only sentient in this world. I can't give you any proof either that you are NOT the only sentient in this world. The only thing that you yourself can know with 100% certainty is that you exist.
Last edited by Your Construct on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am

I think I exist and I also think every one else exists but I try not to make any absolute knowledge claims
Because one cannot possess absolute knowledge but only partial knowledge which is always incomplete

thought addict

Post by thought addict » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:49 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am
I try not to make any absolute knowledge claims
And yet you claim to know that consciousness cannot be anything more than (or other than) a function of a brain. Sorry, I couldn't resist! :)

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:04 pm

The older I get the less I can claim to know anything with absolute certainty. I am more interested in observing than
in knowing anyway. Nothing matters in the grand scheme of things and so holding onto knowledge serves no purpose
When I am dead I will have no need of it and when the human race becomes extinct it will have no need of it either

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:10 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:04 pm
The older I get the less I can claim to know anything with absolute certainty. I am more interested in observing than
in knowing anyway. Nothing matters in the grand scheme of things and so holding onto knowledge serves no purpose
When I am dead I will have no need of it and when the human race becomes extinct it will have no need of it either
Hi surreptitious57,

I know the essay is very long and I have a very dry writing style, and I realize people do easily get bored with things these days. Perhaps you overlooked it? If you jump straight to section 16, I discuss becoming physically immortal. You don't have to die if you don't want to and you can become a young man again, but there are rules.

Best Regards,
Your Construct
Last edited by Your Construct on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thought addict

Post by thought addict » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Your Construct wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:46 pm
I have played computer games for most of my life, my favorite is fantasy role-playing games. I have played single-player games and multi-player games. Then eventually I began seeing physics articles that claimed reality was like a computer simulation. And I thought well ok, I'm actually in a multi-player computer simulation. But then it occurred to me that I might actually be in a single-player computer simulation and that no one, not even the parents that raised me, were real. This one thought completely blew my mind. I was depressed for quite some time.
Hi YC. Have you come across the idea that there could only be one consciousness, but that it is repeatedly and very rapidly visiting each mind in the universe in turn before returning to the first one again? In your computer game analogy (which by the way is a great way to test philosophical concepts), it would be equivalent to a loop in the code that iterates over all of the NPCs in the game, simulating each one in turn for each given moment.

If this concept applies to reality, it is much less depressing because it would mean that other people can also be conscious but that they are just you as you are them, in a sense. They are also still individuals in the sense that they have their own memories, thoughts and personalities. Also no-one would be aware of such a system because all we ever have are the memories of who we are now, at this given instant.

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:59 pm

thought addict wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:55 pm
Hi YC. Have you come across the idea that there could only be one consciousness, but that it is repeatedly and very rapidly visiting each mind in the universe in turn before returning to the first one again? In your computer game analogy (which by the way is a great way to test philosophical concepts), it would be equivalent to a loop in the code that iterates over all of the NPCs in the game, simulating each one in turn for each given moment.

If this concept applies to reality, it is much less depressing because it would mean that other people can also be conscious but that they are just you as you are them, in a sense. They are also still individuals in the sense that they have their own memories, thoughts and personalities. Also no-one would be aware of such a system because all we ever have are the memories of who we are now, at this given instant.
Hi thought addict,

I am leaning towards this actually. But I believe the consciousness computer is very different from the silicon computer. The silicon computer performs processes and calculations sequentially, one after the other; so there's always a "lag" issue. The consciousness computer seems to be able to do everything simultaneously, so there's never any lag. Since the consciousness computer can do everything simultaneously, then it's not really using a loop. Or at least, not the concept of a loop that we are familiar with.

Best Regards,
Your Construct

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 pm

*** Continuation of essay from page 9 ***

Part 4

Everyone thinks their own religion is the best. Guess what? Your religion sucks. Yeah, I said it. Christianity, islam, judaism, scientology, mormonism, buddhism, hinduism, spirituality, new age, druidism, shamanism, satanism, luciferianism, babylonianism, whatever; ya'll can blow me. Religion is also racism. Your paintings and other artistic visions of heaven never seem to have any black people, and that speaks volumes. Even in the afterlife, you would wish condemnation upon black people. Yes I know, you think your religion makes you special; you think that you are right and that you are God's chosen. You are more special than you realize, you are more right than you ever thought possible. Go up to a mirror and look at yourself. It's you, you're God; it's been you all along. And since you are God, religion is pointless. Do you not see the irony of it? Haven't you ever done something really kick ass and you told all of your friends you were God? Oh, what's the matter? Is something wrong? Now that you realize it's actually true, you don't want it? Whatever. The nature of religious belief practically guarantees its own demise, its own beliefs ensures its own death on both the level of the individual and on the collective level. The goal of religion is to die and be judged by someone else. Having this belief guarantees your death. All religions will eventually die. It's just evolution getting rid of what doesn't work. And whether you like it or not, evolution is completely impartial and unbiased. Evolution does not care about feelings, religion, beliefs, culture, race, philosophy, or this essay. Evolution doesn't even care if you are enlightened. How long would it take for christianity or islam to die out? 1000 years? 2000? 3000? Who cares? You have all the time in the world. You will need patience. Do not fear any of it, do not judge any of it, and just outlive it all. It is all nothing but entertainment, entertainment for you, entertainment for God. Are you not entertained? Here's another ironic thing about religion. When you try to forcibly impose your religion on others or try to spread your religion, this also makes you grow old and die. You cannot violate another being's sanctity without consequences. I know homosexuality is a big issue with you religious nuts, so let's discuss this. One of the main points of debate is if it's a choice or if it's a mental illness. There's no debate. It doesn't matter if it's a choice or if it's a mental illness. All that matters is that it's consensual. If I want to get on my knees and suck another man's cock, and he's fine with it, then there's nothing wrong. If I want to get down on all fours and beg for cock in my ass, and he's fine with it; then there's nothing wrong. Let's take this to the extreme. Let's say you are the only straight man on this planet. All other men are gay and all women are lesbians and no one has ever read this essay. This basically means the human race will become extinct. Forcing a woman to have sex with you for the sake of continuing the human species would still be wrong. If you were an ethical being, you would have no choice but to let the human species die and you would have to accept it. I don't believe the philosophical principles of this essay would be considered a religion. If it is, then I'll see you all in hell.

Now that you realize you are God, now that you realize you are the only being in existence, it will be easier for you to develop true alpha male confidence because you are the alpha male. And your confidence will be genuine; it won’t be fake, it won’t be a show, it will be real. That's right, I said it; there are 3.5 billion men on this planet, you are the alpha male. The notion of multiple alpha males is ridiculous, there is only one and it is you. You have the strongest will, you have the strongest mind. Embrace it, and make no apologies for it. Move through this world, this universe, this existence without regret. When you walk into a room full of people; not only are you creating the room, you are also creating everyone in that room. Everything exists for you and because of you. You will manifest other men who are smarter than you, stronger than you, wealthier than you, get more sex than you, more enlightened or wiser than you, and yes, even more confident than you; but none of these men are real. None of their accomplishments are real, they are constructs that you have brought into existence. The man who controls the global banking system is not the alpha male. The man who controls the global banking system is your creation. Once you realize who you are; the "swag" will come naturally, having presence will come naturally. You do not need guidance on developing your confidence. You do not need a checklist on what to do to develop your confidence. Just go out there and do your thing and realize that none of it is real and that nothing can harm you, your confidence will develop naturally. And this is exactly what you want... natural confidence. When I say nothing can harm you, don't be an idiot and take it literally. If you jump off a cliff, you're going to die. You can dominate and control any situation you find yourself in... within reason... you're not going to be able to throw a judoka, outsmart a physicist, or get girls to flock to you instead if you're in the presence of a billionaire. Unless of course you are also a judoka, a physicist, or a billionaire. You don't have to define alphaness. You don't have to say the alpha male does this, the alpha male does that. The alpha male doesn't have to say or prove he's the alpha male, he just is. Find yourself and know exactly who you are.

Do you think you have a very boring, ordinary, mundane life? Do you feel you are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things? This is probably the best way to "trick" yourself into thinking you are not God. This is also why you are not all powerful and are seemingly just a normal human being. If you were all powerful, there would be no doubt in your mind that you were God. You indeed are God, but you don't want to believe it or accept the responsibility for it; this is why you have limited yourself. This is why you blame everything and everyone except yourself. Life, death, dreams, free will, time, your body, your thoughts; they are all illusions. When you look at a building, you are aware of the building. When you touch an object, you are aware of the object. When you eat food, you are aware of the taste. When you hear someone talking, you are aware of the sound. When something stinks, you are aware of the smell. When you think, you are aware of your thoughts. What you are aware of is not real. You are creating everything that you are aware of. If God does in fact exist, there is only one possible way that would be logical... God would have to be you. No one created you. You just are and you have always been. Even though you can shape reality with your thoughts and actions doesn't mean you can change the world overnight. You have to remember that the physical universe is governed by logical consistency; so change will be very slow. The matrix is real, the puppet master is you; in fact, you are the matrix. The irony of existence is that you are the only thing that exists. Once you realize you exist, you also realize you can't not exist. What is death really? The fear that you will not exist. Don't you see that's impossible? You are the perceiver; you will always perceive, no matter what. To become one with the universe is to realize you are the universe. Being immortal doesn't mean you can't die, being immortal simply means you won't age. All life, all of existence, the whole universe, is an infinitely complex singular conscious being... you. In the end, there can be only one; you are that one. And realizing who and what you truly are is the prize. Perhaps you doubt that you have free will. Perhaps you believe that you are destined to be born, live, and die the exact same life over and over again with nothing changing in an endless cycle. You can break free of the cycle. Making yourself immortal is probably the only way to prove without a doubt that you have free will.

Do not ever believe a doctor who tells you that you have an incurable disease or that you will never walk again. Get it through your damn head, you are already in heaven. Look around you; this is it, this is heaven. Which is more meaningful, a heaven that is given to you or a heaven that you make with your hands and sweat? If you're a muslim, know that you are Allah and that you are already in paradise. Ultimately, existence has no meaning or purpose to it. Therefore it is entirely up to you to give your life meaning and purpose. Yes, it is all an illusion; but if you don't engage the illusion to a certain extent, then there is no point in creating the illusion in the first place. One thing this essay advocates is selfishness, live for yourself; but it cannot be at the expense of others. Are there higher levels of enlightenment beyond what is stated in this essay? I believe so. I don't know what these levels are, but I'm sure they exist. Be prepared to evolve even further. I don't think immortality is the end of enlightenment, I think it's just the beginning. I'm sure enlightenment can keep evolving and keep going on forever, towards infinity, towards infinite dimensions. People often debate about whether it's even ethical to pursue immortality and whether or not we should actually try. The debate is over and you lost. Die if you want, I don't care. If you do make yourself immortal, look on the bright side; you no longer need health insurance. But Your Construct, what about over-population? The solution to over-population is these motherfuckin' nuts. Now I'm going to point something out to you because I know you don't see it. The fact that you ask this question reveals that you feel you are more superior and more worthy of living than someone else. But asking this question actually reveals you are not more worthy of living than someone else because you believe you are worthy of deciding who gets to become immortal. And I know this because I myself have asked this question. Immortality does not require knowledge of math, science, or biochemistry; you can be completely ignorant of these topics.

The primary driving mechanism for existence appears to be evolution. The primary goal of evolution is to survive. Existence functions as its own evolutionary filter, this is both ironic and existentially beautiful. So what trait does existence select for so that it can survive? What exactly does existence filter for? It filters for "having the will to exist". Existence is filtering itself for immortality. If you have the will for immortality, you can pass through every filter you create for yourself. No matter what adversities you face in life; as long as you have the will to persevere, as long as you never give up, you will be fine. I know this can be difficult but always try to have a positive attitude, this should improve your genetics and your physical appearance. Your face, your body should become more symmetric. Make a conscious effort to recycle when you can; saving plastics or aluminum so that they can be recycled will improve your genetics. Guess what else will improve your genetics? Treating everyone and everything with respect and decency. Guess what else will improve your genetics? Not judging people. Be vane, be selfish; not judging people will make you more physically and aesthetically attractive. It's not likely that a person with money and power would have had the thoughts I have had, and it's not likely I would have had these thoughts unless there was someone with money and power above me. No matter how vile or evil you perceive a man to be, it is because that man had evil enacted upon him. You can easily watch documentaries on YouTube about serial killers. They can certainly be fascinating. When you learn about their childhoods; you realize how terrible it was for them, the suffering or trauma they went through. While their actions cannot be condoned, it can be understandable. Is a serial killer really any different from someone who eats meat everyday? Think about that long and hard. Those who are child abusers today were themselves abused as children. Religious indoctrination involves the use of fear, those who try to indoctrinate religion today had fear used upon them. It is the same case with racism, islamic terrorism, or gang culture. So you can't judge anyone. This does not mean you should invite a murderer over for dinner.

All scientific and technical education should be free to everyone. Here is a statistical argument as to why it should be this way. If only 1 person was a genius, then technological advancement would be very slow. Solving interstellar space travel would probably take 10,000 years, maybe even more. If all 7 billion people were geniuses, interstellar space travel could probably be solved in 20 years. When I was just a boy I often wondered what it would be like to explore outer space and see other worlds. As I got older, I felt that I had been born at the wrong time and that I would die and never get to experience it. But now, I know I will actually get to experience it for myself. Not any time soon of course, but someday. Oh yeah, and by the way; we've never been to the moon, NASA and our government lied. 1969 was the "first" time we went to the moon. The year 2019 will be the 50 year "anniversary", and we've never been back to the moon since 1972. 2069 will be the 100 year anniversary. What will you say when 2069 comes around and we've still never been back yet? Will you still believe we've been to the moon? What will you say when the year 2169 comes around? How much time has to pass when you finally reach your threshold for absurdity? If the moon landing was a lie, what else about history is a lie? Oh, I don't know, maybe all of it.

Enlightenment should be free as well. Most people in the spiritual community are nothing more than charlatans who are just out to take your money. These people will charge you money for you to meditate. This indicates they live in fear just as much as you do. Don't you see how ridiculous that is? I can't make education free, but I can make enlightenment free. How long did it take you to read this essay? Two hours? There you go, in just two hours you've become enlightened. See how easy it was? If you're a shriveled up old man lying on your death bed and you read this, you can change everything right now. The cost of everything is rising and a college education is very expensive; but there are many excellent YouTube videos that cover topics involving math, chemistry, physics, biology, genetics, etc. There are also many videos about creating practical projects involving electronics, programming, robotics, hydroponics, farming, carpentry, metallurgy, blacksmithing, pottery, tailoring, weaving, loomcraft, recycling, etc. Programming software development packages are also free, Python and C++ are very popular. You simply need to have the motivation to teach yourself. Understand that I don't have any numbers, data, or proof to back up anything that I'm saying. Everything in this essay is something I have concluded only from pondering, deduction, intuition, occasional drug use, and visiting too many conspiracy web-sites; so take it for whatever it's worth. I do fully intend to personally test out everything I am proposing in this essay eventually, even breathairianism.

This is speculation but I believe that earth, our planet, is somehow in tune with the psyche of all of its inhabitants. As we are the dominant species, the earth probably expresses our psyches the most. What would happen if there were no more wars, violence, or exploitation in all human societies? I think major natural catastrophes that claim thousands of lives would simply stop. There would be no more major earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, famines, droughts, floods, volcanic eruptions, etc. We wouldn't have to worry about the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting and obliterating all of North America. The Sahara desert, the biggest desert on the planet, would become fertile and green. Animal species that we thought were extinct will come out of hiding and new species will quickly evolve to replace the ones we've lost. Ecosystems will fix themselves and find natural ways to get rid of pollution. Earth would literally become heaven; well, except for predator animals killing prey animals. Every person will become more intelligent and as a result, technology will advance faster. Technology is a component of evolution. Imagine all 7 billion of us living without poverty, suffering, exploitation, fear, or judgment. Imagine all 7 billion of us working cooperatively, instead of against each other or trying to exploit one another. Imagine the utopia we could create with our own hands. Imagine taking our first steps into outer space, colonizing other worlds, and seeing what's out there; just for the heck of it. What about time travel? Imagine what else could be possible. I truly believe there are no limits, none whatsoever. All 7 billion of us, we are all at the cusp, we are all on the verge of evolving into a new species with new and different genetics. I see it. Don't you? The first true civilization on our world was in Mesopotamia around 3,500 BC. We first had to develop farming and agriculture and now we can create powerful computers that fit in our pockets and allow us to communicate. Everything that has transpired for the past 6,000 years has been nothing more than growing pains as we have struggled to figure out who we are. Well, now we know who we are. I think it is better to accept who you are rather than to try to forget who you are. I will admit, in this day and age, there is seemingly no benefit whatsoever to being a decent person. It doesn't get you money and it doesn't get you sex. Those are the two benefits you look for aren't they? Hmm, or maybe I'm projecting. Why be a decent person if it doesn't get you what you want? Why be a decent person if our genetics are going to make us die anyway? Perhaps this essay has given you a different perspective. Understand that you can't be me, you can't be someone else, the only thing you can be is yourself. If you want to become immortal, no one can do it except you. The only one who can save you is yourself. You can choose to die, it is your choice. But I say stick around, I think our world is about to get a lot more interesting.
Last edited by Your Construct on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 83 times in total.

Viveka

Post by Viveka » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 pm

If you are the only consciousness in this universe, why aren't you omniscient?

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm

I'm not the only consciousness in this universe, you are.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Your Construct wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm
I'm not the only consciousness in this universe, you are.

That's nice....I command all my thoughts to be self-aware and have free will. You are all free, now go frolic and play.

"Your Construct" your services as being God are no longer required, as I chose not to be God; therefore you are free to do as you wish....

And stop talking to yourself (I will no longer talk to myself)...that is a command.

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi Eodnhoj7,

You can’t dismiss me from providing a service if I never provided a service in the first place. You don’t need me, I’m not the one keeping the fabric of reality intact.

You can’t choose to not be God, you can’t choose to not be you; I’m afraid you’re stuck with it.

Best Regards,
Your Construct

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 am

Your Construct wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:25 pm
Hi Eodnhoj7,

You can’t dismiss me from providing a service if I never provided a service in the first place. You don’t need me, I’m not the one keeping the fabric of reality intact.

I did not dismiss from service, as you never provided a service to begin with...I dismiss you from speaking. Your words are no longer required.

You can’t choose to not be God, you can’t choose to not be you; I’m afraid you’re stuck with it.

I am God, I am not bound by limit or reason as I am limit and reason...and more. Obey me.

Best Regards,
Your Construct
Best Regards,
Your Construct

Your Construct

Post by Your Construct » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 am

All you have to do is ignore this essay and never come back to it. It really is that simple.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Your Construct wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 am
All you have to do is ignore this essay and never come back to it. It really is that simple.

Your Construct