do we have the exact same consciousness the dinosures had.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gee

Re: do we have the exact same consciousness the dinosures ha

Post by Gee »

Jackles;

You ask the most interesting questions. It must be a great deal of fun playing in your mind.

But in this case, I think the answer is no. We do not have the same consciousness. Consider what consciousness actually is; it is an awareness. So what you are actually asking is, were dinosaurs aware of all the things that we are aware of? Did they have the thoughts and logic and memories that we have? Did they have the range of emotion and feeling that we do? Did they consider God and the supernatural? Did they build things that would outlast them in a bid for immortality? Did they make art? There is no indication that dinosaurs did most of these things, nor that they were even aware of these things, so I don't think they had the same consciousness.

On the other hand, if you see consciousness as a 'thing', then it could be considered that the consciousness of dinosaurs evolved, and became the consciousness that we now possess. There is evidence that reincarnation happens. Does it cross species? Does it evolve over centuries and eons? Is the evolution of life just a reflection of the evolution of consciousness? I don't know. But just because we know that reincarnation can happen, this does not mean that it always does happen, so there may be another explanation.

You said something about one consciousness. Do you think that the universe is conscious? Because I can not see that as a possibility. And why do you seem to compare consciousness to the speed of light? I don't understand that either.

Gee
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Gee wrote:Jackles;

You ask the most interesting questions. It must be a great deal of fun playing in your mind.

But in this case, I think the answer is no. We do not have the same consciousness. Consider what consciousness actually is; it is an awareness. So what you are actually asking is, were dinosaurs aware of all the things that we are aware of? Did they have the thoughts and logic and memories that we have? Did they have the range of emotion and feeling that we do? Did they consider God and the supernatural? Did they build things that would outlast them in a bid for immortality? Did they make art? There is no indication that dinosaurs did most of these things, nor that they were even aware of these things, so I don't think they had the same consciousness.

On the other hand, if you see consciousness as a 'thing', then it could be considered that the consciousness of dinosaurs evolved, and became the consciousness that we now possess. There is evidence that reincarnation happens. Does it cross species? Does it evolve over centuries and eons? Is the evolution of life just a reflection of the evolution of consciousness? I don't know. But just because we know that reincarnation can happen, this does not mean that it always does happen, so there may be another explanation.

You said something about one consciousness. Do you think that the universe is conscious? Because I can not see that as a possibility. And why do you seem to compare consciousness to the speed of light? I don't understand that either.

Gee

I saw Jackles reference to c in another post and made the suggestion that "c is for constant", but perhaps he is saying that "c is for consciousness" . I didn't think of that possibility until you pointed it out.

P.S. Actually, I just saw his reference on the previous page.
jackles

Post by jackles »

All I am saying here is what if every thing in existance is a form of certainty.certainty would involve its self into an event .everything in the event is related to certainty one way or another.so uncertainty which has to have a future is just aform of certainty.certainty is then omni present to the event and that includes the brain of the observer as consciousness.the same goes for dinos.