Is Clear the Opposite of Directed?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Is Clear the Opposite of Directed?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.............................................................................................................
When it comes to consciousness...

................................................................................................................
is clear the opposite of directed?

Arising_uk

Re: Is Clear the Opposite of Directed?

Post by Arising_uk »

When it comes to consciousness what do you mean by a clear consciousness and a directed consciousness?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Clear consciousness would be more right-brain consciousness.

A consciousness that is not tied to the constant inner & outer dialog that so often dominates our lives.

Clear consciousness can be associated with self-consciousness
wherein a moment or two where we are able to see ourselves; mentally, physically, & emotionally.

Clear consciousness can only be real when it is felt
- not defined.

GREAT question.

Good to have you back into the fold.

...................................................................................................

............................................................GOOD TO SEE YOU HAVE NOT LOST YOUR THIRST FOR WISDOM!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Clear consciousness would be more right-brain consciousness.
So basically a bollocks metaphor built upon wish fulfilment.
A consciousness that is not tied to the constant inner & outer dialog that so often dominates our lives.
Rewritten to express the subtext:
A consciousness that is not tied to the constant inner & outer dialog that so often dominates my life.

Although you are pretty bad at the outer dialog I suspect, as this is called language and communication and is intimately tied to what it is to be a self-consciousness.

This inner dialog is easily solved in NLP as its just the recognition that our internal voice does not have to be thought as thought, i.e. thinking. A simple technique is to make a picture of the voice or voices, e.g. a switch or control of some sort and then just turn it down when you wish, also learn to relax the muscles around the eyes and 'see' with peripheral vision rather than foveal, i.e. extend ones attention to the periphery.
Clear consciousness can be associated with self-consciousness wherein a moment or two where we are able to see ourselves; mentally, physically, & emotionally.
Nonsense, you are asking one to fall into a pointless self-recursive loop. That you can only hold this state for a moment or two shows it a waste of effort. No-one needs to told what it is to be self-conscious as we all are, its what makes us what we are. If you want to be truly a 'clear consciousness' (and I find it interesting that you use L.Ron's terms here) then you should be aiming at being congruent in your thoughts and actions, i.e. your body reflects your words and your words reflect your thoughts which are the sequences and complexes made up of images, sounds, tastes, smells and 'feelings'(with 'feelings' being the actual bodily feelings). With this you should also think through your thoughts and actions from at least three perspectives or positions; first position - how do I feel and think about this? Second position - what is the others person thinking or understanding about me in my first position? Third position - imagine yourself as another standing observing both positions, what do they think or understand about the situation and what advice would they give to the first position? Theres more but do at least this my son and you'll be a 'clear'.
Clear consciousness can only be real when it is felt - not defined.[/b]
Then its total bollocks or pointless talking about so why do you do it?
GREAT question.
Half of which you've failed to answer.
[size]Good to have you back into the fold.[/size]
Never in it and you are not my shepherd nor goaturder.
GOOD TO SEE YOU HAVE NOT LOST YOUR THIRST FOR WISDOM!
You are deluded if you think you are the one with it to dispense.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

OOh foghorn i saw some anger..
I would feel the same.. if i could.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hjarloprillar wrote:OOh foghorn i saw some anger..
Nah! Bill doesn't make me angry, mainly irritated.
I would feel the same.. if i could.
And yet you say you saw something?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...............................................................................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

*Yawn*

Oh! Bored as well.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.................................................................................

The subject of boredom is an interesting one.

I never experience boredom.

How do you feel when you experience it?

Are there associations that are common that surround you when you fall into a state of boredom?

Have you been prone to boredom your entire life?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hysterical that you ask questions on a different subject to avoid answering mine on yours.

You've not said what 'directed consciousness' is?
Bill Wiltrack wrote:The subject of boredom is an interesting one.

I never experience boredom.
That is interesting as the repetitive nature of your re-postings suggests a high level of it. But I am surprised as your incessant trawling for images suggests it as well.
How do you feel when you experience it?
My eyes get heavy, my body yawns, my attention wanes and my mind remembers having done this before.
Are there associations that are common that surround you when you fall into a state of boredom?
Yes, I'm generally reading a repeat post upon a philosophy forum by Bill Wiltrack. One designed to ignore answering a question I've asked about his thoughts and generally replete with cod-psychology.
Have you been prone to boredom your entire life?
This is a "When did you stop beating your wife?" question and pure Wiltrack cod-philosophy. However, the answer is no.

See how easy it is to answer questions when you know what you think. Try it some time. Better still, read some philosophy as it'll help you upon a philosophy forum.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Directed consciousness is displayed within each of your posts.
Left-brain thinking.

Always looking. Always attacking. Never being able to be still. Not knowing what self-consciousness is.

Never having a drive towards self-reflecting.

Not knowing a path.

I hope that answers that for you. Please accept my answer and let this be for a while. Hold onto my words...

On the other hand; How long have you been boring?

Does that personality trait strike you when you attempt to be self-reflective or philosophical?

.............................................................................Image

I have the feeling with you that things just don't fit. You want to be at peace. You want to be philosophical. You just never found a path or made the necessary commitment when you were young.

No need to respond. Just my intuition about you.

Again, I like you. I see who you are.

One day you might see that you have to let go of one thing before you are able to reach for another.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Once again you try your cod-psychology on me. :roll:

Save it for yourself as by your own admission its you who doesn't know thyself, you who doesn't know what he says until he says it, you who think yourself with 'two brains', you who shouts at his 'ego', you who can't concentrate enough to finish an article, you who claims anti-intellect, you who takes antidepressants, you who spends all his time working upon himself and getting nowhere apparently, you who is puzzled about where his younger self went, you who thinks he cannot die, etc, etc and yadda, yadda.

Teacher I think not but wannabe gnu I name thee as you show all the techniques of those who wish to be adored. The problem is that you'll never be a goaturder in a philosophy forum as you can't be arsed to actually read any such that you could have a coherent philosophy.
p.s.
Once again you confuse self-consciousness with this idea you have of a 'higher consciousness'. We all know what it is to be self-conscious as thats what we are, apart from you that is and thats why you've been flailing about all your life trying to recreate an experience from your youth. Now I've told you how you could have this again as your understanding of that 'fear' in your past is what's blocking you but I give two shits if you believe me or not.

Just like I doubt you'll believe that all that you yak about I was thinking and doing in my early teens. The irony is that now I'm having to listen to 'adults' go through it when at the time 'they' poo-poo'd it, and you know what? They were right, your melange of pseudo-hippy 'eastern' mysticism is tosh and old hat compared to what's been thought in anglo-american and continental philosophy.

(please, no-one point-out that we can see these thoughts in strands of 'western' philosophy, as I know and agree, its that its not this new-age pseudo-babble that Bill spouts)

Oh! And its not me who's spent the past few years chasing themselves all over the weeb.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I see you.

One day you will see. All is just.

Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

This left brain right brain scata.

Is getting silly william.

THE brain is a whole.It acts as one.
Like im right handed.. so all of import is the that i am right handed and not a southpaw. A lefty.

I might say all of import is because my cells have mitochondria. A far more interesting topic.
Where abyssal trench life [at upswellings] does not.

Prill
Aka Old daddy [where is hitgirl]

And yes we have all watched 2001 and we know who dave is.

HAL shift HAL 0ne letter H=I A=B L=M IBM.

;)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Absolutely. The brain acts as a whole.

Both sides work at the same time.

Left brain/right brain is a symbolic classification of brain functions.