Hello Rick Lewis, Thank you

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

John

Re: Hello Rick Lewis, Thank you

Post by John » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:54 am

reasonvemotion wrote:I notice The Jesus Head was "wiped" when he made it a personal issue with Rick.

I for one, object to being called "****" time after time and I am sure there are others on this Forum who would agree.
I agree. I have no objection to the the word being used in a more appropriate context but if it's considered to be an acceptable first response to any post I have to question whether I can be bothered. The internet is replete with sites that welcome adolescent obscenity but I'm not particularly interested in them.

reasonvemotion wrote:Satyr had some interesting contributions initially, but it has become tiresomely overwhelmed with expletives, to the point where he has no credibility.
If he has said anything interesting then I'm afraid his propensity to write like a masturbatory teenager has put me off reading it.

It's not that I find this stuff offensive, I honestly just find it boring.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 am

It seems there are 3 of us who would agree to some level of required respect, then.

reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 am

Seriously CW, I think we can handle Satyr. He is a fool.

AMod

Post by AMod » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 pm

chaz wyman,
chaz wyman wrote:The song writer said; when freedom comes along, don't piss in the water supply.
Sadly there are too many people who do not give a flying fuck about philosophy or the magazine that are just too happy to piss and shit where they will, for the fun or watching people squirm when they take the waters.
You being one of them according to you.
You are confused.
I have no trouble with my own ethics. And have no trouble complying with good practice. Far from bringing my low standard with me, I am simply following the low standard of this the lowest forum.
You also appeared to have no problem being the instigator of such practices as your posts showed from the beginning. I'm still puzzled as to what kind of ethics and morality this is?
Freedom requires some protection. If you are not willing to protect those that want to up-lift the forum, then all you are doing is protecting the idiots who want to go into a theatre and shout "Fire!"; or a better analogy those who with their new found freedom think they can shit where they like. All I want is to have the peace to enjoy the magazine and discuss it on a Forum with out the freeloading morons shitting on the pitch. You can't play the game here because the pitch is too covered in shit. You need some rules to make sure people shit in the appropriate places.
Since you appeared here you have shown little evidence of such an aim.
The real reason for your woeful letting down of the reputation of the magazine, is that you are just too damn lazy to do the work required.
You have no idea of what effort or not I put into this forum. I've explained why, so far, I leave such things as I think it gives context to the speaker.
You were happy enough to follow one of my suggestions last years in the matter of avoiding Spammers - because that actually saved you time, but it seems you are not willing to lift a damn finger in making this Forum what it could be.
This forum has been around a long time and these things go in cycles. I followed your idea through as I was unaware that such functionality existed upon the forum otherwise I'd have continued doing it the hard way.
If you spent more time on the Forum you would know what I am talking about. Go through Satyr's posts and find one that matches the aspirations of the magazine.
Despite what you think Satyr does promote what he perceives is a philosophy, mainly a metaphysics and a politics, and he does reply to questions from that position. That he includes invective and insult makes him not much different from you. Before this latest bunch arrived you were the main source of complaint upon this forum. I also note that his invective is quite specific, i.e. upon the gender forum he uses insults designed to produce the effect he hopes for, which I think is to divert others from actually questioning his thoughts and play to his 'herd'.

Having said this I have informed him that the crass insults must stop and I look forward to seeing if he ignores me, much as you did.

AMod

Post by AMod » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 pm

chaz wyman,
chaz wyman wrote:It seems there are 3 of us who would agree to some level of required respect, then.
Two of whom I will take notice of as they practice what they preach.

Upon this matter, does the forum think it should be a blanket ban upon all invective? If not where should the lines be drawn?

AMod

AMod

Post by AMod » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 pm

chaz wyman,
chaz wyman wrote: There is hope yet, maybe.
But it is a shame that the same curtesy could not be extended to other contributors. It seems that you need to be an owner or a moderator on this Forum to get any respect.

But when he started Jesushead too had some interesting things to say. But the licence to abuse got the better of him.
When he started 'having personal issues with me', no one gave a flying one
You are wrong. It appears Rick banned him for an attack upon arising_uk which concerned dying from cancer and it was this topic that got him banned.

Once again you appear to be saying that I should have banned you.

AMod

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:22 am

AMod wrote:chaz wyman,
chaz wyman wrote: There is hope yet, maybe.
But it is a shame that the same curtesy could not be extended to other contributors. It seems that you need to be an owner or a moderator on this Forum to get any respect.

But when he started Jesushead too had some interesting things to say. But the licence to abuse got the better of him.
When he started 'having personal issues with me', no one gave a flying one
You are wrong. It appears Rick banned him for an attack upon arising_uk which concerned dying from cancer and it was this topic that got him banned.

Once again you appear to be saying that I should have banned you.

AMod
Well that is your choice isn't it?
You obviously are not willing to consider any useful suggestions that might improve the shop-windows of the magazine, but you seem to be happy enough to throw your weight around when it suits you.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:23 am

chaz wyman wrote:It seems there are 3 of us who would agree to some level of required respect, then.

Upon this matter, does the forum think it should be a blanket ban upon all invective? If not where should the lines be drawn?

AMod
That could be a solution, Why not consider it?

Maybe staying on thread and no personal attacks would be enough?

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:27 am

AMod wrote:Despite what you think Satyr does promote what he perceives is a philosophy, mainly a metaphysics and a politics, and he does reply to questions from that position. That he includes invective and insult makes him not much different from you.
This is what is technically called bollocks.
If you spent more time in the Forum would know that I always treat a newcomer with respect, whilst they do.
Last edited by chaz wyman on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:29 am

reasonvemotion wrote:Seriously CW, I think we can handle Satyr. He is a fool.

He is an irritating fool, and its people like him that turn this forum into a shit storm.
Whilst he thrives and other like him, this place will remain a common brawling pit.

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 am

I think chaz would be doing us all a favour if he stopped whining because he's no longer the nastiest kid on the block, and just left. :roll:

marjoramblues

Post by marjoramblues » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:14 pm

AMod
The forum - being a place - doesn't think.
Forum members have discussed this, and related, 'matters' before. And it seems that a 'solution' is yet to be found...
The owners of the forum should be thinking very carefully.
After thinking very carefully on any 'guidelines' and the aims of this forum, then a clear statement or 'spirit of forum' could be included in a revised 'welcome' section.

Another suggestion might be to make the presence and actions of AMod more obvious. Thanks to all unseen work, but really - show and tell, no ? A simple 'deleted by mod' in the text space rather than disappearing posts ?

Thundril

Post by Thundril » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Maybe an appeal for volunteer mods, with a clear set of guidlines, and a warning system of the 'three strikes and you're out' type. I've seen this work reasonably well on other forums.
PS These days I can't think of the word guidlines without thinking of the pirates code!

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:05 pm

May the gods preserve us from volunteer mods, clear sets of guidlines, and warning systems!

Thundril

Post by Thundril » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 pm

mickthinks wrote:May the gods preserve us from volunteer mods, clear sets of guidlines, and warning systems!
Why?