Hello Rick Lewis, Thank you

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

WHYMASTER47

Hello Rick Lewis, Thank you

Post by WHYMASTER47 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello Rick Lewis,
Thank you so very much for keeping me informed to all the changes, as how to find the forum.
I know that I have been a lurker, but as you know when the writers muse is near, all else gets put on the back shelve.
I do apologize for my lack of support, and I will make effort to keep closer to the /our forum.
Thanks again, Your E-Pal OMJerry WHYMASTER47@cox.net

RickLewis

Re: Hello Rick Lewis, Thank you

Post by RickLewis » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Welcome back! Long time no see. :)

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

RickLewis wrote:Welcome back! Long time no see. :)
Don't you ever look through this Forum, that is part of the shop window, of a great Magazine with utter despair?
There is precious little philosophy ever discussed here. It's just back-biting, insults, and unsubstantiated and excessively opinionated bigotry.
Don't you not think that were there more moderation to keep people on thread and to ban preaching, that the more philosophically minded contributors would be attracted to stay longer and contribute more... er... well philosophy?

ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
Don't you ever look through this Forum, that is part of the shop window, of a great Magazine with utter despair?
There is precious little philosophy ever discussed here. It's just back-biting, insults, and unsubstantiated and excessively opinionated bigotry.
Don't you not think that were there more moderation to keep people on thread and to ban preaching, that the more philosophically minded contributors would be attracted to stay longer and contribute more... er... well philosophy?
Censoring your opposition does nothing to prove your opposition wrong, but it does go a long way to proving you are afraid of what your opposition has to say.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:34 pm

ForgedinHell wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Censoring your opposition does nothing to prove your opposition wrong, but it does go a long way to proving you are afraid of what your opposition has to say.
I'm not talking about censorship.
I'm talking about making this a philosophy Forum, you do not write any.
You are no opposition to anything, all you have is personal attacks.

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:40 pm

chaz wyman wrote:It's just back-biting, insults, and unsubstantiated and excessively opinionated bigotry.
Of which you contribute your fair share, chaz. Matt 7:5 ?

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 pm

mickthinks wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:It's just back-biting, insults, and unsubstantiated and excessively opinionated bigotry.
Of which you contribute your fair share, chaz. Matt 7:5 ?
Si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more; si fueris alibi, vivito sicut ibi
"when in Rome..."
It's not hypocrisy. I contribute to other Forums where there is moderation and find them more interesting and stimulating. But here when you do your best to be polite you find yourself under attack.

I'd rather there was a little more moderation here.

reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:55 am

June 2011

Chaz Wyman

f you are going to IGNORE ME then FUCK OFF and ignore me.
I'm not interested in your continual BULLSHIT.
If you are going to cover your eyes and ears to the truth, and stand in the corner like a little girl and SWEEEEEEMMMMMM unitl you are sick get on with it and drop dead get lost and generally FUCK OFF.

Start your own posts and stop trying to sabotage mine you little WANKER.
Rick Lewis

Chaz, this is a philosophy forum. Anger management classes are down the hall.

:lol: Oh CW!

WHYMASTER47

Post by WHYMASTER47 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:50 am

[quote]
Chaz Wyman
Metaphysically speaking, That is the way it works. Love and Hate are dependent on relationship.
Indifference ends relationships. If there is indifference to your bad language and fits of anger, Oh Well.
Your E-Pal OMJerry WHYMASTER47@cox.net

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:June 2011

Chaz Wyman

I'm not interested in your continual BULLSHIT.
If you are going to cover your eyes and ears to the truth, and stand in the corner like a little girl and SWEEEEEEMMMMMM unitl you are sick get on with it and drop dead get lost and generally FUCK OFF.

Start your own posts and stop trying to sabotage mine you little WANKER.
Rick Lewis

Chaz, this is a philosophy forum. Anger management classes are down the hall.

:lol: Oh CW!
I seem to think that was "typist" with whom I promised to enter into a pact of mutual ignoring. He then sabotaged every one of my posts; stalking my every word.
This is EXACTLY WHY some moderation is necessary.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

WHYMASTER47 wrote:

Chaz Wyman
Metaphysically speaking, That is the way it works. Love and Hate are dependent on relationship.
Indifference ends relationships. If there is indifference to your bad language and fits of anger, Oh Well.
Your E-Pal OMJerry WHYMASTER47@cox.net
You are not making any sense.
If you knew the history of these comments then you might make more sense.

WHYMASTER47

Post by WHYMASTER47 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello Chaz Wyman, Why are you posting these post in /under My thank you to Rick Lewis Subject. If you posted them in the correct subject thread, there would be some history postings, to refer to.
Your E-Pal OMJerry.
"You are not making any sense.
If you knew the history of these comments then you might make more sense." Chaz Wyman[/quote]

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:18 pm

WHYMASTER47 wrote:Hello Chaz Wyman, Why are you posting these post in /under My thank you to Rick Lewis Subject. If you posted them in the correct subject thread, there would be some history postings, to refer to.
Your E-Pal OMJerry.
If you knew the history of these comments then you might make more sense." Chaz Wyman
[/quote]

As there is no moderation then, it seems, I can post where i like!

Fact is I saw Rick's post and directed my post to him.

If you think I am not being relevant to your thread then don't answer me.

ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:49 am

chaz wyman wrote:
WHYMASTER47 wrote:Hello Chaz Wyman, Why are you posting these post in /under My thank you to Rick Lewis Subject. If you posted them in the correct subject thread, there would be some history postings, to refer to.
Your E-Pal OMJerry.
If you knew the history of these comments then you might make more sense." Chaz Wyman
As there is no moderation then, it seems, I can post where i like!

Fact is I saw Rick's post and directed my post to him.

If you think I am not being relevant to your thread then don't answer me.[/quote]

Why do you think insulting people helps your argument anyway? It just causes me to insult you back, which isn't productive for you, me or anyone else.

AMod

Post by AMod » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

To All,

I moderate with a very light touch but posts do get moved if in my opinion they are in the wrong place. I probably haven't made it clear enough but if an original poster thinks a post is off-topic and wishes it removed from their thread I will look favourably upon the request as I think some ownership from the author should be encouraged upon a philosophy forum rather than an 'almighty' moderator making such decisions.

I do not on the whole moderate the rude and boorish comments as I think they give context to the poster and effectively shoot the poster in their own foot as people tend to ignore their other contributions and if I cleaned them up this would give them a false persona.

I am constantly amazed that those on a philosophy forum, whom I presume think themselves philosophical, think that this freedom to post what they wish is a licence to behave badly rather than argue from a philosophical viewpoint. Although I'm mildly amused that such wish to be moderated with the claim that this will make them behave better.

The forum has a section where many articles from the PN mag are published and as such those who wish to talk 'philosophy' should have more than enough ammunition to be going on with. I look forward to the discussions.

This could all change if Rick Lewis requests it but at present I think the forum reasonably reflects the level of Philosophy Now in a randomish selection of the Internet public.

I think the forum would be worth the effort if it at least affected one person to take an interest in Philosophy and attempt a more philosophical stance and I think this has been the case, as artisticsolution has grown in leaps and bounds in her critical thinking and style compared to when she first started to post. I look forward to seeing how it affects her Art.

AMod.