Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Necromancer
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 am
Location: Metropolitan-Oslo, Norway, Europe
Contact:

Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by Necromancer » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi

The forum is cluttered when using Google Chrome browser. Near unusable. I now use Microsoft Edge for forum use.

Anybody? Thanks. :)

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue May 16, 2017 10:39 pm

The home page was just masses of red squiggles and there were menus all over the place that wouldn't go away. That was on Firefox though.
I had to change from Firefox TO Chrome. This site is fine on Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it wouldn't let me search for anything.

Necromancer
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 am
Location: Metropolitan-Oslo, Norway, Europe
Contact:

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by Necromancer » Wed May 17, 2017 12:23 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:39 pm
The home page was just masses of red squiggles and there were menus all over the place that wouldn't go away. That was on Firefox though.
I had to change from Firefox TO Chrome. This site is fine on Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it wouldn't let me search for anything.
Was this just recently, VT?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 am

Necromancer wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 12:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:39 pm
The home page was just masses of red squiggles and there were menus all over the place that wouldn't go away. That was on Firefox though.
I had to change from Firefox TO Chrome. This site is fine on Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it wouldn't let me search for anything.
Was this just recently, VT?
Yes. It's like that now on Firefox. The site shut down yesterday for 'maintenance' and now it's gone whacko. I suppose it will come right.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed May 17, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4533
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 am

The real problem is not being kept in the loop as this website has just gone through an overhaul.

PhilX

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by surreptitious57 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
I had to change from Firefox TO Chrome. This site is fine on Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it wouldnt let me search
I had to change from Chrome to Firefox and so the problem is related to the server one was using at the time of the overhaul
Now I wonder if one changed back to their original server if the problem would reappear but it is not worth the effort for me

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4533
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed May 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Chrome browser works fine for me now.

PhilX

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Problem with forum in Google Chrome...

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:51 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
I had to change from Firefox TO Chrome. This site is fine on Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it wouldnt let me search
I had to change from Chrome to Firefox and so the problem is related to the server one was using at the time of the overhaul
Now I wonder if one changed back to their original server if the problem would reappear but it is not worth the effort for me
That would seem to be the case.This website is still a mess on Firefox on my computer. I don't like using Chrome.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest