Welcome to our new forum!

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Post by chaz wyman »

AMod wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Over the years that I have contributed to this site, many intelligent people have come and gone, some I have recognised moved to better sites. It's a shame we can't keep them interested here.
chaz wyman,

I find myself flabbergasted that you cannot recognise your own behaviour as a source of such things.
If you took more care to read what I am saying and not what you think I am saying then your flabber would not be so gasted.
AMod wrote: What you call 'better' is subjective I think and from visiting the other sites I find they tend to express a sameness to their discussions. As from the look of them I assume their moderators censor both bad language and any behaviour or thoughts that they fundamentally disagree with.
Why not spend some time on the site I mentioned before your prejudice gets in the way?
AMod wrote: I thought I made it abundantly clear that if the owner of a post requests a change to the thread I will seriously consider it. So your intelligent people can have the thread they wish if they can be bothered to police it. I'd even lock it if they thought it had run its course.
I seem to remember "Typist" sabotaging a thread I had started and you did not follow any of my requests at the time.
AMod wrote: That most of the complaints I get are from those that tend to behave badly upon anothers OP is just one of the ironies I've discovered whilst being a Mod.
Such an observation is pathetically academic as it is well known that you do fuck all in the way of moderation, that things already get well out of hand before they beg you to help, which you refuse.
You ought to be ashamed to be a moderator on this Forum.
The only irony is that you are basing your irony on a state of affairs which could be better if only you were more interested and attentive to the desire to build a better forum.
You can hardly pillory bad behaviour which your rules find acceptable.
Think about it!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm afraid Chaz has gone over the edge in his own little dream world.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

What you call 'better' is subjective I think and from visiting the other sites I find they tend to express a sameness to their discussions. As from the look of them I assume their moderators censor both bad language and any behaviour or thoughts that they fundamentally disagree with.

AMod how wise you are.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:
What you call 'better' is subjective I think and from visiting the other sites I find they tend to express a sameness to their discussions. As from the look of them I assume their moderators censor both bad language and any behaviour or thoughts that they fundamentally disagree with.

AMod how wise you are.
It would be the case were his prejudices be true - they are not.

What he is actually saying is that he is personally incapable of recognising the difference between philosophical argument and abuse.

He is also saying he would not be able to use his power wisely in being able to allow different opinions and would censor things he disagreed with.

How "wise" is that?

Try and spend some time on: http://forums.philosophyforums.com/ before you make up your mind.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Chaz,

Before I responded, I did check out the site.

Unfortunately, I agree with AMod. It seems the contributors are in a state of unnaturalness, on that site. I understand where you are coming from, it was getting monotonous with those two challenging each other and then ridiculous at the end. Verbal shadow boxing. It was testosterone over the top! It is best to let it run its course and I think they did that. Perhaps it is wise to allow for all types to express themselves in their own way, this way at least, people will be able to contribute honestly. The best course of action now, is to move forward and not refer to it again as you will find there will be a moderate change in their behaviors, if they return.

The last thing we want to happen is to make this Forum an artifical environment lacking in passion of conviction.

It is a delicate balance, I know, but this way it will find its own level.
Bernard

You're standin' in my sunlight.

Post by Bernard »

PN is the only place that a Diogenes at least would have bothered logging in to. Most others are so... middle class.

Diogenes also said that each man should find either a true friend or mortal enemy, so that he would either get loving attention or angry scrutinisation. In that way, he would not commit wrongful actions.
http://philosophers.endless-greece.com/diogenes.php
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

The forum is great. I love it.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:Chaz,

Unfortunately, I agree with AMod. It seems the contributors are in a state of unnaturalness, on that site. I understand where you are coming from, it was getting monotonous with those two challenging each other and then ridiculous at the end. Verbal shadow boxing. It was testosterone over the top! It is best to let it run its course and I think they did that. Perhaps it is wise to allow for all types to express themselves in their own way, this way at least, people will be able to contribute honestly. The best course of action now, is to move forward and not refer to it again as you will find there will be a moderate change in their behaviors, if they return.

The last thing we want to happen is to make this Forum an artifical environment lacking in passion of conviction.

Seriously, though, I think you should give that Forum a try. You will find it very refreshing being able to express your views freely without the testosteronal bullshit that you get here.

I'm getting much more from that forum than this.
marjoramblues

Post by marjoramblues »

deleted
Last edited by marjoramblues on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjoramblues

Post by marjoramblues »

Last edited by marjoramblues on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Back . And calm.

as the Strategic Air command motto says.

'peace is our profession'
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Welcome back. I don't remember ever getting on at all well with you, but I like the sense of danger that accompanies you...
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Great posts.

mien gott. have i actually found a place where everyone is as smart or smarter than me.

sniker.. arrogance is not a dirty word.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Bernard wrote:Welcome back. I don't remember ever getting on at all well with you, but I like the sense of danger that accompanies you...
Bernard

Oh you... oooooh. that sense of danger.
I never lie . thus the danger.

'I' post not from ego but reason. i have no emotion compared to others. As an aspergers.
you are all emotional blatherers

bahhh

prill
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

reasonvemotion wrote:Chaz,

Reason

I classify my self as a 'rationalist'
Of course this is just one part.

I agree with you.
as a rationalist and an aspergers. i am top of heap in impartial observation.

passion and conviction i leave to you.

Prilll