Search found 93 matches
- Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 am
- Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
- Topic: Free Will vs Determinism
- Replies: 1368
- Views: 60207
Or are you saying that there can be no consciousness within the Determinism model, and that without consciousness I cannot experience myself as a subject? No. I'm saying that because Determinism is untrue, you CAN experience yourself as a subject; if it were true, you could not. You still cannot ex...
- Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:00 pm
- Forum: Political Philosophy
- Topic: Should there be absolute separation of church and state?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 1431
Ideally, yes. In practice, impossible. Tell that to the AEP. Actually, as an observer, I find any talk of a monolithic American "national church" quite absurd, in light of the European experience of the union of politics and religion. Nothing remotely comparable has ever existed in America, and I w...
- Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm
- Forum: Aesthetics
- Topic: Would altering a work of art to suit public taste improve it or make it worse?
- Replies: 60
- Views: 4737
How is one to determine what modifications would most accurately suit the taste of the majority of the public? Artists create art in their own view, and do not necessarily create art for the purpose of suiting the fancy of the masses . Especially when you consider how subjective one's view of any pi...