Search found 4421 matches

by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: What does a good relationship need?
Replies: 32
Views: 1965

Re: What does a good relationship need?

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm
The two most vital ingredients for any worthwhile relationship are empathy and chemistry, and by chemistry I am with reference to this area of feeling comfortable with each other`s nature..
Can you offer examples to explain this further?

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

Can computers make talented salespeople? My answer is no, but I say they can make skilled salespeople. Already they're skilled at playing games and they get better at it all the time. Think about the rate of talking. You can experiment with computers to see what the optimum rate of talking should be...
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:23 pm
Hard to say, you were too lazy to define what a sales talent would look like at the start of this dismal thread. Unlike you Dave chose to consider what a talent actually is.
And yet you continue to post to this "dismal" thread.

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm
Sure a person have a talent for manipulation. Is there something in the definition of talent that says talents must only be good?
Is that a sales talent?

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

Erm. Ok, I guess I've decided not to be trapped then. I don't care if there is a proper speed for a sales drone to speak at. If you think there is some reason why I have to give a fuck about that, please identify exactly where and how I fell into this fiendish trap, and I will clarify or withdraw w...
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

Fuck me that doesn't sound like something worth studying at all. But hey, weird and boring things of no importance get studied all the time. I fail to see the point though, if a study returns some magic speed at which you should talk, you'll acquire the trick of talking at some other speed. It will...
by Philosophy Explorer
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:17 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

Fuck me that doesn't sound like something worth studying at all. But hey, weird and boring things of no importance get studied all the time. I fail to see the point though, if a study returns some magic speed at which you should talk, you'll acquire the trick of talking at some other speed. It will...
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

this clip from Wolf of Wall Street. That guy's such a ham. Oh, and why should whoever speaks first 'lose'? The idea is that overenthusiastic sales guys piss on their own sale by talking too fast and filling a pause in conversation where the other guy is still thinking of his answer to the question....
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:26 pm
Replying to a post, then getting obsessive and replying to the same one again half an hour later Phil? That's a lot of angry brooding you are doing there.
I don't get angry. Just making myself clear.

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

It's a trick mate. In the other thread you used this stupid argument to get out of discussing the logical problem you had with your argument. Now you are opening up a whole other thread to bitch in. BTW, it's none of your business if I open up a new thread to pursue a different subject as that's my...
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm
It's a trick mate. In the other thread you used this stupid argument to get out of discussing the logical problem you had with your argument. Now you are opening up a whole other thread to bitch in.
You're tricking yourself.

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:35 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:27 pm
If it's a simple trick that anyone can learn.... it's a trick.
The flaw in your logic is you're assuming it's a trick to start with.

PhilX 🇺🇸
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:17 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Sales tricks
Replies: 21
Views: 243

Re: Sales tricks

For those who can't be bothered reading the original, and highly shit discussion, Philx is proud of himself for making use of the technique you will find in this clip from Wolf of Wall Street. It's a very simple trick where a telesales guy asks a leading question and then just waits until the other...
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

So far you haven't established that the silence is a trick. It sounds like you're just trying to paint a negative picture. And where have you been? You've yet to establish your authority. If it can be described as waiting for the other guy to talk because "Whoever speaks first, loses." That's a tri...
by Philosophy Explorer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:39 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Sales is a skill, not a talent
Replies: 79
Views: 874

Re: Sales is a skill, not a talent

Disagreed. I've been there, you haven't. I've been in other types of sales environment where you haven't been. You claim your lack of experience in wider environments isn't relevant, so you need to withdraw this statement or admit to inconsistency. Your speculation about it being a trick is just th...